Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.
View Poll Results: 12 second CRX or 6spd Fbody
CRX
39.64%
6spd Fbody
60.36%
Voters: 275. You may not vote on this poll

12 second CRX or a 6spd Fbody

Old 05-01-2004, 08:48 AM
hostgator.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts
Default Re: 12 second CRX or a 6spd Fbody

Originally Posted by boostjunkie
ok, just to run this down for you...

1. opinion based.
2. opinion based.
3. opinion based.
4. opinion based.
5. opinion based.

capster, you know i like your car. its clean as hell (especially since you took the double stacked wing off...) and respectably quick. but the original question here was: 12 second crx or 6spd fbody like flowfx's (which is a stock lt1). its all opinion based whether youd want to be seen or like to drive a 12 second crx because its quick and doesnt look fast, or a mid to high 13 second lt1 formula because it looks quick and sounds mean (and is respectably quick stock). theyre ALL opinions. my opinion is faster=more fun. yes i would have fun driving an 11 or 10 second mustang or formula or t/a.....but i could NEVER see myself owning one. just not my style.

DO YOU FUCKING READ

ANY

6SPEED

4th GEN

FBODY

OMFG

And im not fucking stock. Goddamn ricers.
Old 05-01-2004, 08:50 AM
Registered Member

Capster78 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok, just to run this down for you...

1. opinion based.
2. opinion based.
3. opinion based.
4. opinion based.
5. opinion based.

capster, you know i like your car. its clean as hell (especially since you took the double stacked wing off...) and respectably quick. but the original question here was: 12 second crx or 6spd fbody like flowfx's (which is a stock lt1). its all opinion based whether youd want to be seen or like to drive a 12 second crx because its quick and doesnt look fast, or a mid to high 13 second lt1 formula because it looks quick and sounds mean (and is respectably quick stock). theyre ALL opinions. my opinion is faster=more fun. yes i would have fun driving an 11 or 10 second mustang or formula or t/a.....but i could NEVER see myself owning one. just not my style.
1) Performace - LS1 TA vs CRX out of the box you have alot more. 12 sec crx is usuall a swap and alot of internal work or N20, 12 sec ta- simple boltons

2) Driveablility - 12 sec CRX is no where near as street driveable as a 12 sec TA

3) Fun Factor - I can see where this could be opinionated. I guess I just like 1.68 60fts instead of 120mph trap speeds.

4) Aestetic Appeal - If someone came up to me and said a CRX looks better than an F-bod Id Probably curl up on the ground laughing. Those things look butt ugly!

5) Performance Potential - F-body, A little weight reduction, stock internals, boltons.. People are going mid 11's with boltons. CRX, your talking engine swap and then going into the motor.

I see where maybe 2 of these statements might be opinionated.
Old 05-01-2004, 08:51 AM
ITR prick #1...

boostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these parts

ok theres some ambiguity in the original post.....so ill just say this. if the car is significantly faster than the 12 second crx......i probably still would just want my itr.

opinions are like assholes. and youre one of them mike.

just go ahead and say youre stock mike, itll make you feel better after we go to the track...

Old 05-01-2004, 08:53 AM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

My headers and ypipe and ghetto dump add like 900 HP
Old 05-01-2004, 08:53 AM
ITR prick #1...

boostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Capster78
1) Performace - LS1 TA vs CRX out of the box you have alot more. 12 sec crx is usuall a swap and alot of internal work or N20, 12 sec ta- simple boltons

2) Driveablility - 12 sec CRX is no where near as street driveable as a 12 sec TA

3) Fun Factor - I can see where this could be opinionated. I guess I just like 1.68 60fts instead of 120mph trap speeds.

4) Aestetic Appeal - If someone came up to me and said a CRX looks better than an F-bod Id Probably curl up on the ground laughing. Those things look butt ugly!

5) Performance Potential - F-body, A little weight reduction, stock internals, boltons.. People are going mid 11's with boltons. CRX, your talking engine swap and then going into the motor.

I see where maybe 2 of these statements might be opinionated.

problem with most crx's......theyre all primered. or three or four different colors. ive seen maybe 5 with nice paint jobs. quick is quick, but in all honesty, i still wouldnt drive one cause theyre little boxes on wheels. and f-bodies are huge boats. i like my middle ground.
Old 05-01-2004, 08:57 AM
nip it in the bud

_burn_ is an unknown quantity at this point

capster. you speak out of ignorance.

a crx with JUST an ls and a turbokit can hit low 12's.....on street legal tires. no internals here buddy
I CAN drive a crx like that everyday of the week and get better gas mileage. with turbo you can drive around in vacuum.

as with your car. most f-bodys are ugly to me. whereas yours is suprisingly tasteful.
^ even people that think that crx's are ugly say that my car is the cleanest one around here
its all about HOW its done

an engine swap gives the car character.
Old 05-01-2004, 09:02 AM
hostgator.com

Originally Posted by _burn_
a crx with JUST an ls and a turbokit can hit low 12's.....on street legal tires. no internals here buddy
JUST?

That sounds like a lot to me.
Old 05-01-2004, 09:02 AM
ITR prick #1...

Originally Posted by Capster78
In all aspects

1) Performance
2) Driveablility
3) Fun Factor
4) Aestetic Apeal
5) Performance Potential

ill try to actually explain this time instead of pulling the assclown way out and saying all opinionated....

1) 12 second car is a 12 second car, they both perform in different ways but the end result is the same. in fact, if its trapping 120 like you commented, in a heads up run til top speed, he'll walk you down if he doesnt have a speed governor.
2) 12 second crx's shouldnt be too difficult to obtain, doesnt take a whole lot of hp to get that bitch down the 1/4. 200 hp is usually more than enough. not a lot of strain on a decent engine build....and crx's can be found cheap.
3) thats definitely an opinion.....do you like torque? or revs? to a certain extent, torque can win a race......but 1/4 mile is a decent distance for hp to make up some ground.
4) no question about it, thats an opinion.
5) theres room for more in both. theres always room for more. take a look at revhards crx. 8 seconds and counting down. yes, i know theres a formula or t/a in virginia owned by virginia speed inc (i think) that runs 7's. displacement owns....what can i say. but who has spent more money between that formula and the crx? im not sure, i dont care, both are fast as balls and make my car look slow as fuck. (and yours.... )
Old 05-01-2004, 09:03 AM
ITR prick #1...

Originally Posted by flo w fx
JUST?

That sounds like a lot to me.

6000$ 12 second car depending on how good a deal you find on everything and what all you do on your own.
Old 05-01-2004, 09:07 AM
nip it in the bud

_burn_ is an unknown quantity at this point

6000$ 12 second car depending on how good a deal you find on everything and what all you do on your own.
absoultely right. i dont understand why anyone wouldnt want to drive an 1800 pound car that does 12's

Quick Reply: 12 second CRX or a 6spd Fbody