Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Auto Haus?(vw guys chime in)

Old 12-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE
Default Re: Auto Haus?(vw guys chime in)

Be prepared, no matter where u go... it's gonna be a $1000 gig... but better do that before that 1 becomes a 5.

Oh I would go to European Cars of Williamsburg. PM GrkGuy89... or w/e his name is... His dad owns that place. They do good work. It may be a little pricey but not too expensive, but you get what you pay for sort of. ass long as you don't act like an arrogant asshole than Gus will fuck you over.

I know the people that work on the VWs there are pretty experienced in VWs and in timing belt replacements.

Last edited by 3Point5SE; 12-30-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:59 AM
what?

scr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to behold

cars inc... lolz
Old 12-31-2009, 06:07 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

all you guys are dumb. way to bump a year old thread dumbasses!
Old 12-31-2009, 06:10 AM
Registered member

LuvtheE36M3/4/5 is infamous around these partsLuvtheE36M3/4/5 is infamous around these partsLuvtheE36M3/4/5 is infamous around these partsLuvtheE36M3/4/5 is infamous around these partsLuvtheE36M3/4/5 is infamous around these partsLuvtheE36M3/4/5 is infamous around these partsLuvtheE36M3/4/5 is infamous around these partsLuvtheE36M3/4/5 is infamous around these partsLuvtheE36M3/4/5 is infamous around these partsLuvtheE36M3/4/5 is infamous around these partsLuvtheE36M3/4/5 is infamous around these parts

Racewerks is hands down the best European Automotive Service Repair Shop. They specialize in nothing but BMW's, Audis, Volkswagons, and Porsche. All of their equipment is state of the art and the Management there is top notch. They always take care of their customers and do it at fairly reasonable price ($89 per labor hour I believe).

They are located off Dam Neck on Taylor Farm Road. I've had several jobs done there (power steering hoses, pump, drive belts, control arm bushings, etc.)

My uncle also just had a huge job done to his Audi where the timing belt, water pump, thermostat, brake rotors and pads were all replaced and it came out to be around $1300.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:12 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Originally Posted by vwpassat03
If this is the same shop on Witchduck, I got the same flyer and brought in my 03 Passat GL 1.8T. They replaced the timing belt and water pump. 11K miles later the tensioner bolt that maintains pressure on the belt breaks and the engine was ruined. They say it could not be attributed to the job they did and do not feel any responsibility for the damage and they want me to ante up $3.5K to replace the engine. Needless to say, I took my car elsewhere. My new mechanic says that the bolt broke because it probably wasn't tightened when they replaced the belt. Over time, the bolt worked itself loose and when enough thread was exposed, it broke in two. Obviously I will no longer use their services.
Originally Posted by 3Point5SE
Be prepared, no matter where u go... it's gonna be a $1000 gig... but better do that before that 1 becomes a 5.

Oh I would go to European Cars of Williamsburg. PM GrkGuy89... or w/e his name is... His dad owns that place. They do good work. It may be a little pricey but not too expensive, but you get what you pay for sort of. ass long as you don't act like an arrogant asshole than Gus will fuck you over.

I know the people that work on the VWs there are pretty experienced in VWs and in timing belt replacements.
Originally Posted by scr8dubbn
cars inc... lolz
Originally Posted by LuvtheE36M3/4/5
Racewerks is hands down the best European Automotive Service Repair Shop. They specialize in nothing but BMW's, Audis, Volkswagons, and Porsche. All of their equipment is state of the art and the Management there is top notch. They always take care of their customers and do it at fairly reasonable price ($89 per labor hour I believe).

They are located off Dam Neck on Taylor Farm Road. I've had several jobs done there (power steering hoses, pump, drive belts, control arm bushings, etc.)

My uncle also just had a huge job done to his Audi where the timing belt, water pump, thermostat, brake rotors and pads were all replaced and it came out to be around $1300.
Originally Posted by Daft Punk
all you guys are dumb. way to bump a year old thread dumbasses!
Old 12-31-2009, 09:29 AM
vangorder

kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox

Originally Posted by vwpassat03
If this is the same shop on Witchduck, I got the same flyer and brought in my 03 Passat GL 1.8T. They replaced the timing belt and water pump. 11K miles later the tensioner bolt that maintains pressure on the belt breaks and the engine was ruined. They say it could not be attributed to the job they did and do not feel any responsibility for the damage and they want me to ante up $3.5K to replace the engine. Needless to say, I took my car elsewhere. My new mechanic says that the bolt broke because it probably wasn't tightened when they replaced the belt. Over time, the bolt worked itself loose and when enough thread was exposed, it broke in two. Obviously I will no longer use their services.
-rep when I can, fucking idiot.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:33 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I'm impressed that he spelled 'ante' correctly.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:32 PM
Registered Member

David325e has disabled reputation

Not VM, but BMW and MB checking in. Taken cars to both locations in Richmond and absolutely loved it. When I'd first gotten my 1st 5 series the timing belt snapped. It was a week before junior year started and I didn't have the time or tools to do the job myself. Had the car towed there. They called me about 6pm on Friday and said they'd opened the head if I wanted to come by and see it/tell them what work to do. Ended up ordering a pizza for them and they stayed late into the night teaching me a ton of stuff related to the car. Would recommend for sure.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:41 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by David325e
Not VM, but BMW and MB checking in. Taken cars to both locations in Richmond and absolutely loved it. When I'd first gotten my 1st 5 series the timing belt snapped. It was a week before junior year started and I didn't have the time or tools to do the job myself. Had the car towed there. They called me about 6pm on Friday and said they'd opened the head if I wanted to come by and see it/tell them what work to do. Ended up ordering a pizza for them and they stayed late into the night teaching me a ton of stuff related to the car. Would recommend for sure.
Psssst... Hey you... Yeah, you. This thread is a year and a half old..
Old 01-01-2010, 02:04 AM
has a huge dong

VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER

Old ass thread

Last edited by VB2NER; 01-01-2010 at 02:08 AM.