Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

who paints????

Old 07-08-2010, 01:54 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: who paints????

I love how these fucking tards think I'm the asshole when they can't take 2 fucking minutes to read the rules or use common sense....especially since this fucking idiot has been around since 2008
Old 07-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

Originally Posted by Lord Humongous
I love how these fucking tards think I'm the asshole when they can't take 2 fucking minutes to read the rules or use common sense....especially since this fucking idiot has been around since 2008
shut up asshole
Old 07-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Registered member

sleepencivic has disabled reputation

can you tow the car to charlottesville? u got the paint? base/clear I hope... has the car been blocked and ready to paint? is it all one color if not it will have to be sealed prior to paint...pm me i paint on the side and could do it for you
Old 07-08-2010, 02:13 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by Slimsta Jimsta
shut up asshole
nope
Old 07-08-2010, 03:10 PM

black_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by .Sarge.
They will not shoot a car and have their name on it if the prep work is going to make the paint look like shit. Remember their name goes on the car even if the dont do anything but shoot it.
Exactly. I talked with Hamiltons Collision a few years back about spraying a crx I had. He did it but also said not to complain if I missed a ding in the door or didnt sand it properly. I ended up spending $800 on just an exterior spray, but it came out great.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Originally Posted by jdmef
lord humongous.. grow up you commented on all of my posts sorry im not obsessed with the forum and every rule, know i know why everybody says half the people on drag suck haha annnnnyways .. everyone else i have a budget up to 1000 and yes i have called everywhere and been places i coulsnt find there numbers.. no body shop around here paints full cars, cuzs doesnt they sent me somewhere else and they didnt i have been hunter for about a month now and the few people that said they would messed around and never called me back after i left like 5 messages. so if you know of anyone let me know!
I know Cuz's paints full cars. I know Wooding's does as well. Cuz's shop is big enough to paint a school bus. Cuz's just repainted my mom's whole Jeep a couple months ago. Any paint shop will paint a whole car unless it's just some guy working out of his basement or something.

But, like others have said, if the prep work is not up to par, they may not want to mess with it. And, you may not get either of them to do it for $1000.

If you really can't find a place that will paint it (which I doubt - I just think you haven't called around) let me know. I have a friend who used to work for a local GM dealership painting cars and he has a paint booth set up at his house. His work isn't as nice as Wooding's, but he's a lot cheaper, and honestly he does pretty good work. He may not do a show-quality paint job, but for a daily driver he would be fine.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:00 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Now on to my car. I was reffered by the nisbro to Scott Lynskey who shot my car for me. He rounded out the bodywork on the bumper then shot the car and cut and buffed it for me. I can post pictures but just look around the forums or the valley and you'll see it. Does top notch work and is very good at what he does. his cell number is 540-597-8620.
I was going to throw Scott's name out there, but I haven't had a chance to see if he is free yet.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Registered Member

Kwin507 has disabled reputation

take it to SMR automotive building next to ballos 3014 lincoln avenue
Old 07-08-2010, 06:00 PM
FACK YER ESS PEE OHH

all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's

No self respecting shop will touch any car with self body work for a grand or even $1500. Believe me I know. youre most likely looking at $1500 for a respray without jams bay or interior if you do all the prep work yourself and if the shop deems it ok. They will not shoot a car and have their name on it if the prep work is going to make the paint look like shit. Remember their name goes on the car even if the dont do anything but shoot it.
which is what i was getting at about the whole "not doing an entire car" thing

Originally Posted by Lord Humongous
no lie

Originally Posted by Cosmo
I know Cuz's paints full cars. I know Wooding's does as well.
another reason that leads me to believe what i previously stated
Old 07-08-2010, 10:30 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Here's my point:

1. This kid has been here since 2008 and doesn't get not posting 3 threads and using the search function
2. Nobody is going to do a decent paintjob for $1000 bucks. Hell, it cost me more then that just to get the front clip painted on my old 5.0
3. Personally, I'd get a good book on how to prep a car and prep the ever living shit out of it. Then you can go to a bodyshop and maybe get a good deal...or you could even man up, rent a spray booth and do it yourself

Quick Reply: who paints????