Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

who paints????

Old 07-08-2010, 01:06 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jdmef has disabled reputation
Default who paints????

hey whats goin on? i have a 92 civic hatchback, its fully gutted with a cage. The whole car is fully sanded and the dash and everything is out of the car. Im looking for somebody to paint the interior and exterior of the car. i am having a realllllly hard time finding someone to do it. let me know if you know anyone that will do it for a good price. i live in roanoke
Old 07-08-2010, 01:26 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: who paints????

Have you ever heard of the search button or is that a foreign concept to you?
Old 07-08-2010, 03:44 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

I can't imagine any bodyshop wouldn't do this.Have you contacted any shops yet?!
What's your budget?
Old 07-08-2010, 05:16 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

What do you mean "hard time finding someone to do it"? Do you mean you can't find anyone that will paint it? Or do you want to find someone who will do it for $50?

You want cheap? Earl Scheib. But, you get what you pay for.

You want good? Wooding's or Cuz's. Again, you get what you pay for. Neither of them are cheap, but both are top notch.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:58 AM
Registered Member

sidewaysfox is an unknown quantity at this point

Turn your rep on.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Registered Member

jdmef has disabled reputation

lord humongous.. grow up you commented on all of my posts sorry im not obsessed with the forum and every rule, know i know why everybody says half the people on drag suck haha annnnnyways .. everyone else i have a budget up to 1000 and yes i have called everywhere and been places i coulsnt find there numbers.. no body shop around here paints full cars, cuzs doesnt they sent me somewhere else and they didnt i have been hunter for about a month now and the few people that said they would messed around and never called me back after i left like 5 messages. so if you know of anyone let me know!
Old 07-08-2010, 12:44 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by jdmef
lord humongous.. grow up you commented on all of my posts sorry im not obsessed with the forum and every rule, know i know why everybody says half the people on drag suck haha annnnnyways .. everyone else i have a budget up to 1000 and yes i have called everywhere and been places i coulsnt find there numbers.. no body shop around here paints full cars, cuzs doesnt they sent me somewhere else and they didnt i have been hunter for about a month now and the few people that said they would messed around and never called me back after i left like 5 messages. so if you know of anyone let me know!

My fucking head hurts reading this.

You are telling us that there are no body shops in the area that can paint a full car?

seriously?
Old 07-08-2010, 01:01 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

I think what he ment is that there arent any shops that will do that full car for a grand or less.

Let me grab the card of the guy who painted my Sol. He does great work and will be in the ball park (hopefully) of what you want to do.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:03 PM
FACK YER ESS PEE OHH

all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's

There are no body shops that will "Paint full cars", kinda sounds like horseshit to me.

1. You either did a horrbile job doing the body work

or

2. They're being nice and not laughing in your face for coming to them with a $1k budget to get an entire car painted, in and out.

EDIT:...on a nice note, why don't you just get the outside of the car painted, and do the inside, jams, and engine bay yourself, that would probably keep it under 1k
Old 07-08-2010, 01:46 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Originally Posted by all4sr's
There are no body shops that will "Paint full cars", kinda sounds like horseshit to me.

1. You either did a horrbile job doing the body work

or

2. They're being nice and not laughing in your face for coming to them with a $1k budget to get an entire car painted, in and out.

EDIT:...on a nice note, why don't you just get the outside of the car painted, and do the inside, jams, and engine bay yourself, that would probably keep it under 1k
No self respecting shop will touch any car with self body work for a grand or even $1500. Believe me I know. youre most likely looking at $1500 for a respray without jams bay or interior if you do all the prep work yourself and if the shop deems it ok. They will not shoot a car and have their name on it if the prep work is going to make the paint look like shit. Remember their name goes on the car even if the dont do anything but shoot it.

Anyone you talk to will more than likely want to do more to the body than you have done because unless you have years of experiance doing bodywork you wont catch things that experianced fingers will.

I know for a fact Cuz's does great work and will do a full car if you have the money to do it. My Ex's Civic is currently there getting repaired from killing a deer on RT11 so I can show you before/after photos if you want.

Now on to my car. I was reffered by the nisbro to Scott Lynskey who shot my car for me. He rounded out the bodywork on the bumper then shot the car and cut and buffed it for me. I can post pictures but just look around the forums or the valley and you'll see it. Does top notch work and is very good at what he does. his cell number is 540-597-8620.

Quick Reply: who paints????