Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Virginia Tech Meet

Old 11-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John L. has disabled reputation
Default Re: Virginia Tech Meet

Originally Posted by rotorsownyou7
My attitude is wrong? No.... Racing cars that aren't meant to be raced is stupid. These go-karts and runners you are talking about are meant to go fast and run. 60 hp CRX's are not meant to race and racing them is freaking stupid. How can you get into a car racing scene with cars that can't compete with anything on the road?

How about a foot race between two 400 pound men? How cool is that? They aren't mean to run a race, therefore, they shouldn't be racing.

You have as much fun racing a beetle as you would a McClaren F1? What the hell kind of drugs are you on? Hook me up with some...

BTW, racing cars that are meant to race is one million times more exciting than racing Prius's.

Yet somehow, my attitude is wrong. Ahahaha...
I'm sorry you feel that way, I mean I'm not going to argue with you but so far, you have the right to your opinion. A foot race between two 400 lb men would probably be pretty hilarious and should find its way on Youtube. If you put two slow cars out on track, they're equally slow and equally competitive, thus making for a good race. There are plenty of CRXs and Integras, etc., in the Honda Challenge classes of NASA events. Integra Type-Rs are highly competitive against much faster more powerful cars because they handle so darn well. The Integra chassis is essentially just a Civic when you boil things down. No production car was meant to be raced, yet we modify them and put a loose nut behind the wheel to see how fast we can make them go.

Hondas are not generally intended to be sports cars, yet they make sporty models and handle incredibly well most of the time. All production cars make compromises, FWD is a compromise that provides good inclimate weather traction, lower production costs, less driveline loss, etc., etc., most factory RWD cars have compromise after compromise built into them as well, for the same reasons as FWD cars, cost, ease of maintenace, safety, reliability, they're NOT meant to be raced, they're intended to get you from point A to B and maybe have a little fun doing it. If we should only race cars that are meant to race, why wouldn't we only race AWD cars? They have superior traction in all situations, of course that's an argument for a different thread and we're not going to rehash FWD vs. RWD vs. AWD here I hope...

"..it's how you race your car. You better learn that!" - DT

Old 11-07-2007, 05:22 PM

BillKlineVT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mpg9999
Theres nothing wrong with racing in cars that werent meant to be raced. Ever watch Spec E30? Plenty of good racing there from cars that weren't meant to be raced.
Spec E30 is a sweet series, it was my favorite one to watch when I worked at Summit last year...
Old 11-07-2007, 05:23 PM
Registered Member

Those guys are entirely insane, sorta cool but also not when your finger is on the radio talk button just WAITING to call in a crash for them.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Famous...

rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by John L.
Tito, I don't know what exactly to say to you. Expounding how retarded some people are and insulting people for things like you have does not make you right and them wrong, it just makes everyone wrong. I post this as an attempt to be as kind as possible but also honest and realistic. You're going to have to grow thicker skin and deal with the people who say bad things and annoy you. It's not a car scene, we don't expect everyone to get along, but you have to stick around long enough and try to be nice so you can find the people that seem cool to you.

If you go back and look at some of my early posts, ANY member's early posts, you put up with a lot of crap and sometimes you're right and sometimes you're wrong, you learn how to deal with it. People will always want to pick on new guys, we're not your personal army and we're also not here to tell you how great your car is and we might even pick on your car. It doesn't mean we don't like you, don't misconstrue joking about your car as dislike for the person you are. BUT! Then when you start shouting immature insults at people, then you are showing us your true character and THAT is what will make people turn away from you.

If you don't like your car for what it is to you, why are you in the hobby? If you're always looking for approval from others and get angry when they don't like what you've done or what car you drive, how will you ever be happy?

My cars break all the time, look silly to some people (the Merkur definitely looks silly), and how fast my cars go is simply a number based on weight and horsepower, it means nothing, and I don't care if other people poke fun, insult, or whatever else to put me down, I'm happy with what I've got.

I think Tiburons are decent looking cars and if you have fun playing around with it then good for you, if you have a truck then go offroading, it's loads of fun.

I can assure there are plenty of people in CCVT who feel exactly like I do. Don't keep drawing their negative responses and trying to get a rise out of them. I'm glad someone did link this thread, otherwise you would just be talking about us behind our backs, and that's not cool at all.

The larger an organization gets (and the car club has been pretty large in recent years) the more crap you'll have to deal with, that's how it always will be and you have to cope with it somehow, mostly by ignoring people.

I hope that helps. If you're still around, come out and say hi, I see no reason at all why you should have anything against the car club here. If you like seeing cars, then come, if not then don't come, it doesn't get much simpler than that. We're no more prideful or insulting than any other people you will come into contact with in your life, that's just how it is, you get all kinds...

Good god Dr. Phil...

Originally Posted by mpg9999
Theres nothing wrong with racing in cars that werent meant to be raced. Ever watch Spec E30? Plenty of good racing there from cars that weren't meant to be raced.
Now you're just picking out parts of what I said to make it something different. I understand some cars weren't made to race yet can be made to race. That wasn't the point.

Originally Posted by John L.
I'm sorry you feel that way, I mean I'm not going to argue with you but so far, you have the right to your opinion. A foot race between two 400 lb men would probably be pretty hilarious and should find its way on Youtube. If you put two slow cars out on track, they're equally slow and equally competitive, thus making for a good race. There are plenty of CRXs and Integras, etc., in the Honda Challenge classes of NASA events. Integra Type-Rs are highly competitive against much faster more powerful cars because they handle so darn well. The Integra chassis is essentially just a Civic when you boil things down. No production car was meant to be raced, yet we modify them and put a loose nut behind the wheel to see how fast we can make them go.

Hondas are not generally intended to be sports cars, yet they make sporty models and handle incredibly well most of the time. All production cars make compromises, FWD is a compromise that provides good inclimate weather traction, lower production costs, less driveline loss, etc., etc., most factory RWD cars have compromise after compromise built into them as well, for the same reasons as FWD cars, cost, ease of maintenace, safety, reliability, they're NOT meant to be raced, they're intended to get you from point A to B and maybe have a little fun doing it. If we should only race cars that are meant to race, why wouldn't we only race AWD cars? They have superior traction in all situations, of course that's an argument for a different thread and we're not going to rehash FWD vs. RWD vs. AWD here I hope...

"..it's how you race your car. You better learn that!" - DT

I think you're digging a little too deep into what I said. We're going from stock Hyudai Tiburons in a street race to Integra Type-R's on the track. I understand that some of you guys think that Honda's handle incredibly well and some with slight modification are fast. Thats fine, because they are great cars in their own league. Hell, I have a M3 that is made for the track and I still am nowhere near the league of an amazing handling car. I think you are taking my comments incorrectly. Generally, a Honda handles like shit. With a lot of work, it might handle like a stock exotic. Still, nowhere near what I call competitive.

If you want, like was said before, we could have a special olympics class and then sure, Hondas and the like will be competitive.

BTW, AWD is not always superior in grip. A RWD car with a proper setup and tire can be just as if not faster.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:33 PM
Registered Member

Yep, with a very careful setup, but like I said, shouldn't rehash that argument. I'm defending the Honda and I don't even have one. I don't see how a car is inferior because it's slower if it's at the same time much cheaper, it's reliable, very light, etc., that's all I'm saying. Yes it won't accelerate as quickly, they still handle better than most any solid axle domestic, if only because of their lightweight. The fact is something like the Type-R is still a Civic chassis, and still cheap for its performance (although some of its cost is just because it's rare).

And I'm being nothing like Dr. Phil, but I AM making a rational calm argument.

Last edited by John L.; 11-07-2007 at 05:36 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Registered Member

big rick has disabled reputation

I'm gonna try to make it out on Sunday...we'll have to see when the family is planning on heading out of town...

yo tito...I'll race you...I've got a mazda3...should be a decent race lol fuel for the "don't race stock econoboxes" part of the thread
Old 11-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Bro'd Out

Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito

lol, my car isn't fast, you'd probably beat me.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Registered Member

DSMdtrain will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by big rick
I'm gonna try to make it out on Sunday...we'll have to see when the family is planning on heading out of town...

yo tito...I'll race you...I've got a mazda3...should be a decent race lol fuel for the "don't race stock econoboxes" part of the thread
Please tell me your not the one around radford...
Old 11-07-2007, 07:25 PM
War kittens?

odu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these parts

Wow, 4 different topics in one thread!

How about everyone just comes out on sunday, puts all this stupid shit behind them, and focuses on having a good time with like minded people?
Old 11-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Bro'd Out

Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito

ps my myspace link is myspace.com/senortito

for all your photo shopping pleasures

addMEOMG!

Quick Reply: Virginia Tech Meet