Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

spring showdown 3

Old 03-22-2008, 04:09 PM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: spring showdown 3

Originally Posted by str8jakett
Who scheduled the gun show and car show on the same weekend at the same place? Had to wade through the rice and dumbass burnout-in-the-motherfucking-parking-lot bikers to get in the door to safety.
I didn't see any bikes doing burnouts. The only burnouts I saw were imports and two Mustangs. I was in the bike section the entire time and didn't really see anyone do anything stupid over there. Oh well..

Judging was sub par IMO.. There were a lot of trophies handed out to the wrong people!
Old 03-22-2008, 04:57 PM
Nada

str8jakett will become famous soon enough

You know where the gun show entrance is? There is a road that runs in between the parking lot and the steps that take you to the fountain. I don't know if this is a certain side of the civic center, but it is the front to me. Leaving the show and my wife was pushing the stroller across the crosswalk, and as soon as we go past two bikes come by with the lead idiot doing a burnout down that road.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:59 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Originally Posted by str8jakett
You know where the gun show entrance is? There is a road that runs in between the parking lot and the steps that take you to the fountain. I don't know if this is a certain side of the civic center, but it is the front to me. Leaving the show and my wife was pushing the stroller across the crosswalk, and as soon as we go past two bikes come by with the lead idiot doing a burnout down that road.
Should have shot his ass.

Last edited by BSeriesTurbo; 03-22-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:46 PM
03 evo 8

brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98

whos got pics?
Old 03-22-2008, 09:06 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by brianeclipse98
whos got pics?
Was that you I saw today?

If so, I have to admit it, but your car is clean as hell!
Old 03-23-2008, 04:54 AM
Registered Member

20psi 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point

it was pretty good. i sorta just hung around the bikes, but i did see a turbo mustang on the dyno, and turbo busa dyno. the red supra was beautiful. nice rx7 too.

most of the cars were lame kids that spent the last week cleaning their stock cars.

a few nice bagged trucks too.

the judges didn't really know what they were doing. We entered a extremely nice 1948 Indian Chief. i don't know how many of these are still out there but its not many. its restored to perfection. nothing is chromed or polished that wasn't that way when new. They just sorta gave the bike a 2 here a 3 there. Had they known what they were judging it would have been 5 all the way down.
My bike got really low scores, a couple 1's and many 2's. hahah, no appreciation for all vintage upgrades at all. I don't think they realized that yoshimura parts for a 35 year old bike means they were made 35 years ago too. Next year i'm adding two 6" lcd monitors and a dvd player to it. i'll show them!

so did someone blow an engine? i heard it was a firebird or something just free reving until smoke and loud noises stopped it.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:24 AM
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by 20psi 240sx
it was pretty good. i sorta just hung around the bikes, but i did see a turbo mustang on the dyno, and turbo busa dyno. the red supra was beautiful. nice rx7 too.

most of the cars were lame kids that spent the last week cleaning their stock cars.

a few nice bagged trucks too.

the judges didn't really know what they were doing. We entered a extremely nice 1948 Indian Chief. i don't know how many of these are still out there but its not many. its restored to perfection. nothing is chromed or polished that wasn't that way when new. They just sorta gave the bike a 2 here a 3 there. Had they known what they were judging it would have been 5 all the way down.
My bike got really low scores, a couple 1's and many 2's. hahah, no appreciation for all vintage upgrades at all. I don't think they realized that yoshimura parts for a 35 year old bike means they were made 35 years ago too. Next year i'm adding two 6" lcd monitors and a dvd player to it. i'll show them!

so did someone blow an engine? i heard it was a firebird or something just free reving until smoke and loud noises stopped it.
Hahahaha,
I guess you've gotta play "their" game then.

Sounds like really poor judging to me, I heard a bunch of other guys got trophies that should of gone to other cars as well. That sucks, maybe they'll have new judges next time?

What were the categories BTW?
Old 03-23-2008, 05:34 AM
wub wub wub wub

A stock Busa with chrome wheels and chrome stickers beat several bikes with custom paint. Hell, it even beat WD's bike with virtually everything powdercoated or custom painted. He's the one that had the air ride and tv screens. Not my style, but I don't see how a stock motorcycle could beat him in that category. The teal/silver/black Suzuki with the 300 rear tire should have taken that category by storm! It was flawless. They also lost to the stock Busa! Even their fucking trailer had rims on it, and it matched the wheels on their Expedition or whatever it was.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:59 AM
03 evo 8

brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Was that you I saw today?

If so, I have to admit it, but your car is clean as hell!
yeah that was me, if your talking about the black 2g with black wheels. thanks the compliment. did i talk to you or did you just see the car? i took home 2nd place eclipse next to a eclipse with a bodykit/ neons, ect ect. if i have to put on a body kit and rice it out just to get a trophy, i would rather lose.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:13 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by brianeclipse98
yeah that was me, if your talking about the black 2g with black wheels. thanks the compliment. did i talk to you or did you just see the car? i took home 2nd place eclipse next to a eclipse with a bodykit/ neons, ect ect. if i have to put on a body kit and rice it out just to get a trophy, i would rather lose.
No, we didn't talk. I didn't see your car until you drove past where I was at as you were leaving. I thought the car looked familiar, but I wasn't sure it was you. Then I heard you give it a little gas and I was pretty sure that's who it was. Super clean! I'd never actually seen your car in person.

Did you lose to the 3rd gen that was airbrushed?

I don't know what was up with the judging.

Quick Reply: spring showdown 3