Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Roanoke/Salem Area. Possible new performance& machine shop.Tryin to generate interest

Old 02-18-2010, 08:35 AM
certified asshole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi
Default Re: Roanoke/Salem Area. Possible new performance& machine shop.Tryin to generate inte

+1 bad idea
If these ricer fuckheads would actually spend money on NAME BRAND PARTS...(megan racing is not one of them) and quit trying to lowball the shit out of the people that actually do good work on THEIR cars then yes a shop might have a chance. JS
Old 02-18-2010, 09:05 AM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro
Default Re: Roanoke/Salem Area. Possible new performance& machine shop.Tryin to generate inte

Originally Posted by crasy87rexsi
+1 bad idea
If these ricer fuckheads would actually spend money on NAME BRAND PARTS...(megan racing is not one of them) and quit trying to lowball the shit out of the people that actually do good work on THEIR cars then yes a shop might have a chance. JS
uh...that actually has nothing to do with what we are saying...

most people in this area work on there own cars. i would never let a shop touch my car. there just isnt enough demand for an import shop...plus we in a recession

1 swap a week wont keep a shop open.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:30 AM
certified asshole

uh...actually it has everything to do with what we are talking about.

cheap parts come from where? ebay, advance(APC), autozone, and where ever else they find that shit

good high quality parts come from, **authorized dealers, shops or from the manufacturer**
**key words
Which there are not but a few of in the roanoke/salem area.
Point is they don't want to spend the money on **good parts and service** that are worth it vs cheap shitty apc bs that they think are just as good. What about saving the little money that we do make and buy good high quality parts. Im not talking about the people that buy a few cheap items to get buy for now, its the ones that build the entire car from ebay.
Let me put this into terms everyone can understand, try and have a performance shop that does not sell parts.

But I do agree most people do work on their own cars, and there are PLENTY that shouldn't even come close to even looking at a set tools.

Last edited by crasy87rexsi; 02-18-2010 at 10:00 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:42 AM
SUCKAFISH

MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8

Originally Posted by Nism0 B14
actually he is right.

name 1 import specific shop that is still open around here.....there are none. there just isnt enough demand. most people around here do all there own work.
Ummm corey i was joking with hims..
Old 02-18-2010, 10:11 AM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Originally Posted by crasy87rexsi
Point is they don't want to spend the money on **good parts and service** that are worth it vs cheap shitty apc bs that they think are just as good.
+rep

I cant stand when people call the real things overpriced glorified versions of the knockoff.

Theres a reason for the price. Quality, performance, product developement and testing.

If you want the look, sure go out and buy rotas. If you want the look and performance with race proven results save your money and buy something that costs a little more but will hold its value and perform better.

Same with what Corey said too, I wouldnt let a shop touch my car, except for one because I trust the guys that work there and the person that owns it knows what he is doing and does it right the first time and stand behind his work.

/ shameless plug for Protocol Automotive

with that said, I generally do ALL work on my car less alignments and tires. :P
Old 02-18-2010, 10:25 AM
certified asshole

thank you
i +rep you back lol
Old 02-18-2010, 11:26 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

You should know it. I know maddd business would be poppin' off from Lynchburg.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:36 PM
Registered member

ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995

ok i'm gettin a few yes's and a few no's. from talking around the area with a few guys i've heard that if would be a positive thing.

this guy that built nationwide engines really knows his shit with just about ANY kinda car. my boss is an old chevy and mopar guy so his specialty is there with the older stuff.

they are looking for a bulding and pricing equipment currently. what we are kinda looking at is seeing if it would get enough business in the Roanoke/Salem area to sustain itself.

I'm thinking it would, but anybody else have thoughts?
Old 02-18-2010, 12:44 PM
face is vanilla

Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face

so you have 2 guys at least that are used to making how much a year? so their wages plus the expenses? I doubt it.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:55 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I think it will definitely be successful. There are so many hopped up imports that are jumping in line to get motor work done and you will be rich bc all the fast cars in Lynchburg. Just do it!

Quick Reply: Roanoke/Salem Area. Possible new performance& machine shop.Tryin to generate interest