Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Roanoke/Salem Area. Possible new performance& machine shop.Tryin to generate interest

Old 02-17-2010, 07:21 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995
Default Roanoke/Salem Area. Possible new performance& machine shop.Tryin to generate interest

My boss and a friend of his are considering opening a machine shop in the Roanoke/Salem area. His friend used to build engines in the Nationwide Series and is very interested in bringing an import shop to the area.

I think it's a great idea, any input?
Old 02-17-2010, 07:22 PM
face is vanilla

Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face
Default Re: Roanoke/Salem Area. Possible new performance& machine shop.Tryin to generate inte

I mean, most shops fail, so it seems like a great idea to me.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:51 PM
Drives a Mustang

TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6
Default Re: Roanoke/Salem Area. Possible new performance& machine shop.Tryin to generate inte

are you going to import cash crops from the americas in exchange for our european manufactured goods? we could also trade our manufactured european goods to the larger/better off tribes on the west coast of africa in exchange for their POW's - which we will use as slaves to grow more cash crops in the americas.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:33 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

^^ +rep for making me laugh.

But seriously... It would awesome to HAVE a performance shop that did tuning and mods for all makes of cars... From euro, to domestic, to japan.

But will it actually have enough business to succeed? I honestly doubt it will.

Old 02-18-2010, 03:01 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Except for a small portion,the import crowd around here wants fartcans and Altezza tail lights.
The few that are into actual performance generally do the work themselves.Even all makes performance shops around here have a tough time,since the "performance crowd" in the area is mostly 17 years old and make minimum wage.It seems even machine shops that cater to performance have a hard time.
Chris
Old 02-18-2010, 04:43 AM
Track Whore

Cmqqn85 has disabled reputation

yea be real nice for a import machine shop to open up localy. Esp. if there's a DYNO there. I know mad business would come from Lynchburg, if its quality work and or a good tuner.

hell i got a couple blocks needing work now. Hope they know there k's
Old 02-18-2010, 07:13 AM
Registered Member

D1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Cmqqn85
I know mad business would come from Lynchburg, if its quality work and or a good tuner.
Wrong.

Originally Posted by ej1995
My boss and a friend of his are considering opening a machine shop in the Roanoke/Salem area. His friend used to build engines in the Nationwide Series and is very interested in bringing an import shop to the area.

I think it's a great idea, any input?
It is a horrible idea. Anyone who even thinks that they can open up a new shop in the area and actually be profitable needs to take a few more business classes and do some market research.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:35 AM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Originally Posted by D1g1talV3n0m
It is a horrible idea. Anyone who even thinks that they can open up a new shop in the area and actually be profitable needs to take a few more business classes and do some market research.
+1 The area just isnt large enough to support a quality establishment that is dedicated to performance.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:44 AM
SUCKAFISH

MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8

Originally Posted by D1g1talV3n0m
Wrong.

Hi...your wrong guy lol
Old 02-18-2010, 08:34 AM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by BBYEvo8
Hi...your wrong guy lol
actually he is right.

name 1 import specific shop that is still open around here.....there are none. there just isnt enough demand. most people around here do all there own work.

Quick Reply: Roanoke/Salem Area. Possible new performance& machine shop.Tryin to generate interest