Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

2007 Madison Motorshow, OCTOBER 6th @ Dryft Motorsports

Old 10-05-2007, 09:38 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MK3 VRT has disabled reputation
Default Re: 2007 Madison Motorshow, OCTOBER 6th @ Dryft Motorsports

Will be getting the VRT on the rollers tommorow
Old 10-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Madison Motorsports

white97dsm has a reputation beyond reputewhite97dsm has a reputation beyond reputewhite97dsm has a reputation beyond reputewhite97dsm has a reputation beyond reputewhite97dsm has a reputation beyond reputewhite97dsm has a reputation beyond reputewhite97dsm has a reputation beyond reputewhite97dsm has a reputation beyond reputewhite97dsm has a reputation beyond reputewhite97dsm has a reputation beyond reputewhite97dsm has a reputation beyond repute

5 Classes: Classic, Import, European, Domestic and Truck.

But that project class is a really good idea, we may do that in the spring and see if there is enough interest.

Please tell yrou friends, raffleing off stuff, great dyno prices, proceeds our car club so its a great cause.

Also the guys from Miracle Wash, the self service and automatice car washes around town are coming out to sign people up for a free wash using thier members card. This gets you 1 free wash for signing up, a birthday wash and every 6th wash is free. He will also be taking any Pre-Payments via cash, or a small drive up the street if you use a CC, we approved anyone who is at the show for a 20% discount if you prepay that day.

Last edited by white97dsm; 10-05-2007 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Registered Member

Fuck this place they can not even strap a fucking car down to dyno went today and it sucked. Drive 2 hrs. to go get my car dyno'ed to see what it's doing and check A/F. I get one pull at low boost and at the end the car starts going sideways and and hops a little. I think damn they will just try to cross the straps nope sorry man we can't dyno your car BS. Some of the people there came over and was like cross the straps your supposed to no sorry man we can't. A few said it is a shame but nobody here really knows what they are doing and it showed. I got a guy to drive the car on the rollers for me show I could watch the A/F and what not so I would know everything is ok. I just wanted to say thanks man and I'm sorry they put you in danger like that. After all this I go inside after know one gives me my shitty dyno sheet lol at that all together hp #'s were about right for the boost I got to see but the TQ was way over from were the car was slipping my hp was 317 and tq was 672 lol nice. I will also say everyone I meet was really cool and there were some nice cars there it was nice meeting the people that I did get a chance to meet. In all honesty I really think that they jkust did not want to dyno my car they way they acted and what I really thought was shitty is when I go in to tell them I want money back they never even offered intill I said something which should have been the first thing that was said. Now that is out of the way anyone know of a dyno in the area that is semi close that can strap[ a car down to be dyno'ed.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:57 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by MK3 VRT
Fuck this place they can not even strap a fucking car down to dyno went today and it sucked. Drive 2 hrs. to go get my car dyno'ed to see what it's doing and check A/F. I get one pull at low boost and at the end the car starts going sideways and and hops a little. I think damn they will just try to cross the straps nope sorry man we can't dyno your car BS. Some of the people there came over and was like cross the straps your supposed to no sorry man we can't. A few said it is a shame but nobody here really knows what they are doing and it showed. I got a guy to drive the car on the rollers for me show I could watch the A/F and what not so I would know everything is ok. I just wanted to say thanks man and I'm sorry they put you in danger like that. After all this I go inside after know one gives me my shitty dyno sheet lol at that all together hp #'s were about right for the boost I got to see but the TQ was way over from were the car was slipping my hp was 317 and tq was 672 lol nice. I will also say everyone I meet was really cool and there were some nice cars there it was nice meeting the people that I did get a chance to meet. In all honesty I really think that they jkust did not want to dyno my car they way they acted and what I really thought was shitty is when I go in to tell them I want money back they never even offered intill I said something which should have been the first thing that was said. Now that is out of the way anyone know of a dyno in the area that is semi close that can strap[ a car down to be dyno'ed.

Last I heard, the dyno from Salem is at SML now....
Old 10-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Last I heard, the dyno from Salem is at SML now....
yea it is I am going to talk to the guy and get an appt but thanks Adam
Old 10-08-2007, 05:35 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

Not sure what was going on with your car but they dyno'd the is300 that put down over 700whp with no problems.

I've seen them dyno a few cars ranging from 200whp up to and past 300whp with no problems.

Maybe you had a bad experience but I haven't seen problems with the dyno yet.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:12 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by -JB-
Not sure what was going on with your car but they dyno'd the is300 that put down over 700whp with no problems.

I've seen them dyno a few cars ranging from 200whp up to and past 300whp with no problems.

Maybe you had a bad experience but I haven't seen problems with the dyno yet.
The problem is they did not strap it down right as I said before that is the problem ther was nothing going on with my car. They could have totaled my car and more importantly the guy driving my car on the dyno or someone else could have been seriously hurt or worse. They did not act like they wanted to dyno my car for whatever reason who knows maybe cause it's not a honda or something or I'm not a local or member but whatever I found a place closer not badly priced that has done cars like mine that can atleast strap it down and CROSS THE STRAPS if needed. I will never go back after that and will never send anyone that way thats for sure I had a couple people that was going to go but not now. I was really pissed about the whole thing but kept my cool went in got my money back and left peacfully which I am sure some would not do and some probaly think I am over reacting about the whole thing but if it was your car or your friend that got hurt you would be pissed to. I did not know the guy driving my car but if I was him I would be pissed about it.

Last edited by MK3 VRT; 10-08-2007 at 06:18 AM.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:16 AM
Fitty Tuckin

The problem is they did not strap it down right as I said before that is the problem ther was nothing going on with my car. They could have totaled my car and more importantly the guy driving my car on the dyno or someone else could have been seriously hurt or worse. They did not act like they wanted to dyno my car for whatever reason who knows maybe cause it's not a honda or something or I'm not a local or member but whatever I found a place closer not badly priced that has done cars like mine that can atleast strap it down and CROSS THE STRAPS if needed. I will never go back after that and will never send anyone that way thats for sure I had a couple people that was going to go but not now. I was really pissed about the whole thing but kept my cool went in got my money back and left peacfully which I am sure some would not do and some probaly think I am over reacting about the whole thing but if it was your car or your friend that got hurt you would be pissed to. I did not know the guy driving my car but if I was him I would be pissed about it.
I personally think you need grammar and spelling lessons. Your posts make my head hurt.

Just because the car jumped on the dyno doesn't mean it was going anywhere, it was still strapped down. As long as it was tight the car wasn't going anywhere unless a strap broke.

They probably didn't want to mess with you because you probably pouted, like you are doing here. At least they gave you your money back, which they technically did not have to do. They took the time to get your car on the dyno, wired in and strapped down. Thats the majority of the cost right there.

They don't just dyno Honda's so that comment you said was a generic accusation. All kinds of different cars have been on that dyno except AWD.

I do agree with you that if the car did chirp on the dyno then the straps should have been checked and tightened down so you could get a accurate reading. At least you got your money back.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:44 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by -JB-
I personally think you need grammar and spelling lessons. Your posts make my head hurt.

Just because the car jumped on the dyno doesn't mean it was going anywhere, it was still strapped down. As long as it was tight the car wasn't going anywhere unless a strap broke.

They probably didn't want to mess with you because you probably pouted, like you are doing here. At least they gave you your money back, which they technically did not have to do. They took the time to get your car on the dyno, wired in and strapped down. Thats the majority of the cost right there.

They don't just dyno Honda's so that comment you said was a generic accusation. All kinds of different cars have been on that dyno except AWD.

I do agree with you that if the car did chirp on the dyno then the straps should have been checked and tightened down so you could get a accurate reading. At least you got your money back.
LOL I don't give a damn if my grammer is correct or not that is not the point and this is a car forum not english class if I cared I would type right.

You can take up for them as much as you want it's cool with me I could care less. I am diffently not pouting about it I am pissed about the lack of knowledge to probaly strap a car down and as stated before I was cool there when they took the car off and never pouted nor got hateful about it.
The fact is they took no where near as long to strap my car down and then never made the effort to try to fix it just said take it off.

My money should have been refunded without question if you think other wise your crazy. You honestly think I should pay full price for 3 pulls and only got 1 and the car was going sideways and shit? That really makes sense but it's all said and done got my money back and will never go back.

The Honda statement was meant by they did not seem to care for my car as much as they did for the different makes and the locals there is what was meant by that. I love all car makes and models the IS300 was sick as well as some of the others there. Also the people I meet and talked with were cool and I enjoyed meeting them. I have nothing bad to say about the people there or the MM.

I am done with this post I said what I felt and I got my money back and my car or nobody was hurt thats the main thing so feel free to say whatever. I am not trying to argue with you are anyone just stating the facts.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:27 AM
Fitty Tuckin

LOL I don't give a damn if my grammer is correct or not that is not the point and this is a car forum not english class if I cared I would type right.

You can take up for them as much as you want it's cool with me I could care less. I am diffently not pouting about it I am pissed about the lack of knowledge to probaly strap a car down and as stated before I was cool there when they took the car off and never pouted nor got hateful about it.
The fact is they took no where near as long to strap my car down and then never made the effort to try to fix it just said take it off.

My money should have been refunded without question if you think other wise your crazy. You honestly think I should pay full price for 3 pulls and only got 1 and the car was going sideways and shit? That really makes sense but it's all said and done got my money back and will never go back.

The Honda statement was meant by they did not seem to care for my car as much as they did for the different makes and the locals there is what was meant by that. I love all car makes and models the IS300 was sick as well as some of the others there. Also the people I meet and talked with were cool and I enjoyed meeting them. I have nothing bad to say about the people there or the MM.

I am done with this post I said what I felt and I got my money back and my car or nobody was hurt thats the main thing so feel free to say whatever. I am not trying to argue with you are anyone just stating the facts.
Ok, wasn't arguing, I was just wanting to know why you didn't say this to the owner but instead came on a public forum to bash the place. There are two sides to the story.

Everyone was cool that day and I met up with a lot of friends I haven't talked to in awhile. Def. was a good time.

They should had restrapped the car from what you said but I would like to see what they say to.

Quick Reply: 2007 Madison Motorshow, OCTOBER 6th @ Dryft Motorsports