Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Who thinks drifting is just a new fad?

Old 08-07-2005, 08:49 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow im awesome has disabled reputation
Default Who thinks drifting is just a new fad?

I think it is. Sure, it takes skill to be able to do some of the things the professionals do, but it's not even a form of racing. I think it's just a new fad that will die out within the next 5-10 years.

The new Fast & The Furious movie is about the drifting scene in Japan.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:13 AM
Little Green Dime

Draggin_dime has disabled reputation
Default Re: Who thinks drifting is just a new fad?

Originally Posted by wow im awesome
I think it is. Sure, it takes skill to be able to do some of the things the professionals do, but it's not even a form of racing. I think it's just a new fad that will die out within the next 5-10 years.

The new Fast & The Furious movie is about the drifting scene in Japan.

I think the commercializing of ' Drifting' is a fad but spinning tires and throwing your car in crazy directions for entertainment wont die
Old 08-07-2005, 09:35 AM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Its a fad to certain people, to those really into it, it wont die...Hell skateboarding was THE thing to be doing 10 years ago, then it died off(Mainstream speaking). But I guarantee you to those who do skate its not a fad they do cuz its cool.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:05 AM
It has 4 Doors...

Whtehnda93DXSdn is an unknown quantity at this point

I belive it;s just a FAD for the moment/new couple of yrs here in the US, but as most of us know it's been going on Over Seas for many,many yrs...

I guess time will tell if it's just he next passing thing or here to stay....
Old 08-07-2005, 10:27 AM
Registered Member

slipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond repute

Drifting has been around for like 20 years(in Japan).It has been around in the states for a while its just taken some time to move from Cali to the east coast.Wow Im Awesome personally I think in 5-10 years drifting will be as big in the U.S. as in its asian counterpart.Drifting will never die to those who love the sport.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:38 AM
AKA: SHY_GUY

S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy

i dunno how long it'll last, but yeah pro drifters in japan are like our baseball players. i think skateboarding is gonna turn into a baseball thing, it'll get too organized and all the pros will turn into over paid bitches and it'll be big but not the same way it was. i doubt drifting will ever be as big as baseball but it would be nice to have a different popular form of racing of than nascar and drag racing.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:38 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

any of you that think its just from Japan really need to pull yer head out of your ass and look around.

i dont know about you, but dirt track racing has been in my area for well over 50 years......
Old 08-07-2005, 11:53 PM
Little Green Dime

Draggin_dime has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by fc735
any of you that think its just from Japan really need to pull yer head out of your ass and look around.

i dont know about you, but dirt track racing has been in my area for well over 50 years......

aeriously i work for Lenny Harris Racing ( dirt track super late model) and that is drifting .. its beena round alot longer then 20 years in japn but its more or less called controlling ur car to l]slide through a turn because that keeps up speed rather then slowing down and grabbing traction
Old 08-08-2005, 05:23 AM
Seh-Fee-Ro

yokojzz30 is an unknown quantity at this point

true that is a form of drifting but im pretty sure the post was about drifting on a dry course (i say dry meaning no dirt/gravel -like ive seen in pics/vids/live action of local drift/practice event....just clean dry or sumtimes wet [but no sand dirt or gravel] asphalt/concrete

i like all forms be it in rally on tarmac or dirt/snow

and i dont think its a fad at all
Old 08-08-2005, 11:54 AM
show no mercy

2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC

im not a fan of drifting the sport, but i do enjoy a nice drift here and there. drifting the sport just seems like a car show on wheels or better yet, figure skating on wheels. its a judged competition. i personally just like racing better. but those who love it, to each there own!!!! i do admit it takes crazy skill, im just not a fan.

Quick Reply: Who thinks drifting is just a new fad?