Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Tidewater event on 12/21

Old 12-08-2003, 01:22 PM
Mad Scientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WRXRacer111 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tidewater event on 12/21

Anyone going to the TSCC event on 12/21? Trying to figure out if the registration page hasn't been updated for this event on their site, or if it's already full. Anyone have any idea???
Old 12-09-2003, 02:37 PM
Registered Loser

maxQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, (as of Sunday night anyway) I'm on the entry list and I didn't register for the 21st so I'm assuming it's the old one.

You going to play on streets?

Andy
Old 12-09-2003, 09:41 PM
Mad Scientist

I'll definitely be there on streets if I run my car, I haven't had race tires on it since the DC Tour Even if I had them, I don't think I'd run race tires in the frigid conditions, don't think I'd ever get any heat into them to make them stick aside from the fact that changing tires in the cold is not fun. The question becomes "expend the effort to lug good streets home" or endure the craptastic experience that is stock RE92s... or option 3 which is drive a car that isn't mine. How's a DS 330i or 200whp Civic hatch sound to ya?

-Chris, dying to squeal some tires again. Missed almost every autocross down here due to studying for tests.
Old 12-10-2003, 07:28 AM
Registered Loser

If you do bring your good streets, I'll challenge you to a straight-up duel.

My stock-sprung STS SE-R on Falkens against your stock-sprung STX Rex on Kumhos?

Of course, if you run away to a BMW... I'll understand.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:01 AM
Mad Scientist

I'm game
Got a nail in one MX that I have to get pulled in the meanwhile. Got one removed, tire patched and rebalanced, then on the drive HOME from the autocross... picked up another nail in the same tire. You picked up any nails in your Falkens?

If you want, bring the D Stock Krautwagen (or have you relegated that to daily driver duty?) My car's still legal there save for my pimpy shiftknob, though I do keep the original in the glovebox.
Old 12-10-2003, 01:04 PM
Registered Loser

I haven't picked up anything with the Falkens... but honestly those tires have seen about 1000 miles. Of course, the car hasn't seen more than 3000 miles since May.

I might bring the D-stocker... but it'd be on Hoosiers and I have similar concerns about the cold. Plus, I've been running that car a lot recently and I'm anxious to start driving the 3-wheeled box again.

My car's still legal there save for my pimpy shiftknob, though I do keep the original in the glovebox.
Next to the second and third turbos?
Old 12-11-2003, 09:23 PM
Mad Scientist

She holding together now though? What have you done to it so far? My car's still the same as it was since May when I put the big front swaybar on, though I did move the turbos out of the glovebox. I put one under my seat to act as a seat warmer in the cold Virginia winters, and the other two strapped one to my right foot to weigh it down more. Beyond that, I'm hoping my new cross-drilled brakelines can give me the edge I'm looking for.
Old 12-12-2003, 07:22 AM

turbochad is an unknown quantity at this point

Shit! This is totally my fault. I didn't realize the last entry I had in the schedule file was November. It's fixed, you can register now.
Old 12-14-2003, 08:45 AM
Registered Loser

Originally posted by WRXRacer111
She holding together now though?
Actually, it was only 5% the car's fault. I've only had one problem with the car since March (and that problem wasn't fatal just noisy). But every solution I had caused more headache than it solved, especially when it failed to address the original problem. In fact, with great irony, the solution that finally worked cost me ZERO money and about six hours of work with parts that had been sitting in my garage for a year uninstalled. *sigh*

What have you done to it so far?
Just rimZ and aZeNIs, a phat rear swar bar, and headerZ. A full suspension to come early next year.

Beyond that, I'm hoping my new cross-drilled brakelines can give me the edge I'm looking for.
I tried those... they kept taking the rattle-can paint job off my rimZ so I put the OEM ones back on and got some slotted brake pads... Much better...
Old 12-16-2003, 02:50 PM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

hey andy where did you get those slotted brake pads????
hope to see you out with the sentra this weekend

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Quick Reply: Tidewater event on 12/21