Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

NASA Hill climb at Snow Shoe WV.

Old 08-11-2004, 12:19 PM
<3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate
Default NASA Hill climb at Snow Shoe WV.

We have an exciting NEW event over Labor Day weekend, September 4-5, 2004 at a beautiful place called Snowshoe Mountain Resort. It is the Snowshoe Hillclimb Presented by Budweiser!

We will be holding a hillclimb time trial of high speed racing up Snowshoe Mountain on a public road. Budweiser and Snowshoe Mountain have given us $5,000.00 to give away to the winners, and we have designated $1,000 to be given to the fastest car up the mountain!! We will split the remainder of the purse amongst the race classes.

This will be a fun filled event with raffles, bands, parties and lots of exciting racing. It is open to all racers and HPDE students who have rollover protection and a fireproof race suit. The road will be closed to traffic and all entrants will race one at a time up the mountain against the clock, fastest one wins the grand prize or their class prize.

We will start the weekend by holding a block party in beautiful downtown Snowshoe Resort where we will be teching cars, holding registration, meeting spectators and having an all around fun time! We then start the day on Saturday with an All Hands Meeting and begin timed runs with a parade of racecars from the paddock down the mountain to the starting grid. Racing will continue all day with racers running up the mountain and back down again when we open the road for the parade and the spectator shuttles.

At the end of the day on Saturday we will be holding another party in beautiful downtown Snowshoe Resort and raffling off assorted prizes from our sponsors.

Racing will resume Sunday morning after the All Hand Meeting and contniue all day until 4pm when we will hand out the awards at yet another block party in downtown Snowshoe Resort! It is truly a fun filled weekend, bring the whole family and enjoy some phenomenal racing and great celebrations!

We will be announcing great deals on lodging and more details over the next few weeks, stay tuned for more. You don't want to miss the opportunity to drive and/or watch this inaugural event as it promises to be a tremendous experience!

For more details go here:
http://www.NASA-Southeast.com
Special Thanks to:
http://www.SnowshoeMtn.com
and
http://www.Budweiser.com

See you on the Mountain! Snowshoe Mountain! September 4-5, 2004!

Jim Pantas
Regional Director
NASA-SE
Old 08-11-2004, 12:21 PM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate
Default Re: NASA Hill climb at Snow Shoe WV.

No roll-over or fire suit for me!

Oh well, it would be fun to watch though, but not for the 6 hour drive with no snow waiting for me.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:47 PM
^avatarless

crumpler is on a distinguished road

^agreed, too far for no snow
Old 08-11-2004, 08:41 PM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

i am currently getting a car prepared to do some SoloI race action! all i need now is to update my safety net or get arm restraints!
Old 08-12-2004, 06:56 AM
Registered Member

Moriar has disabled reputation

hmmm purse jus doesnt seem high enough to me...

1000 for the winner...wow jus paid for my hotel
Old 08-12-2004, 07:07 AM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

who cares! all fun is had behind the wheel! some things are just priceless.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:59 AM
Registered Member

that may be the case, but if im gonna risk my vehicle on a Hill climb, then i would prefer to atleast make some bank
Old 08-12-2004, 11:37 AM
brake/steer/throttle

so you're saying you'd win?
Old 08-12-2004, 11:49 AM
Registered Member

im not sayin that i would... im jus sayin the purse does not overcome the risk
Old 08-12-2004, 02:57 PM

svann has disabled reputation

As someone who has run hills since about 1996, I will say that the risk is there, but I've never gotten such a rush out of any other type of motorsport. In over 30 years I've drag raced, autocrossed, road raced, and even drove for a small factory kart team on dirt in my teens. There just is nothing like charging up a mountain road on the limit on cold slicks. Most hillclimbs on the east coast are up in Pennsylvania (www.pahillclimb.org) but we now have two in the south with The Blueridge (www.blueridgehillclimb.org) and Snowshoe. I was involved with the early planning for Snowshoe with SCCA but it just never got off the ground. However I know that the resort management intend for this to be the best event of its kind and I'm looking forward to it. (www.snowshoemtn.com) (www.snowshoehillclimb.com)

Stan Vann

Last edited by svann; 08-16-2004 at 09:14 PM.

Quick Reply: NASA Hill climb at Snow Shoe WV.