Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

MX's at the Track

Old 11-05-2003, 03:55 AM
Mr. Inconspicuous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98sr20ve is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MX's at the Track

After spinning my car at the SE-R Convention track event and flatspotting all 4 tires I had to use my MX's for several sessions. They impressed me. The grip was good and steering response was good. I run a lot of negative camber so rollover was not a concern. Tire wear was horrible with full tread. They clearly need to be shaved for serious track usage. Of course my car can destroy front tires on the track pretty easy if you are not careful. I think if they were shaved they would hold up ok. Never used azenias so I can't compare to them. They were better then the old Victoracers that would not bite for anything that day. They also did not go away after some heat went in them on a mid 80's day. I have used S03's at the track and they clearly were better then them in the dry. Just thought you guys would like to know.
Old 11-05-2003, 11:00 AM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

cool man. the more knowledge the better
Old 11-07-2003, 11:59 PM
Mad Scientist

WRXRacer111 is an unknown quantity at this point

I tracked my car on MXs at VIR... I do think they would've worn better shaved, but they were consistent throughout the whole session, pretty stout braking grip, and pretty sticky once they were up to temperature. Definitely not a race compound, and you're fortunate to have a lot of camber to keep the soft-ish sidewalls from rolling over. Overall though... I've been pretty impressed with mine, They've done pretty well plowing through standing water as well on the highway. Autocross, I think they'll give up a little to the Azenis in slaloms and cool weather, but they seem to stick pretty well in sweepers, and allow the car to rotate on the nose. I think they'll be a step ahead with 2-drivers on a hot day or on a track particularly with a heavy car like mine where the Azenis would get overheated.