Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

The Track

Old 04-04-2006, 02:28 PM
Chillaxin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6
Default The Track

I wanted to do it when I had my R6, and now that I have the R1, I don't really want to do it because the R1 has an unfriendly feel to it (i.e. I cant just throw it around like i could the 6).

So, I'm thinking of getting a track bike soon, and I want it to be an R6. My main thing is, i want a cheap one, and i noticed that bikes with no title are cheapest. Do any of you run into any problems by having an unregistered and no titled track bike?

I mean, if it gets stolen, you're just fucked, right? And if you're buying one for cheap, you are potentially buying one that was stolen, right? I mean unless its obvious the guy hasn't stolen it. I just dont feel like spending more than 3500 on another bike, especially one that is gonna be run into the ground. I plan on doing Cornerspeed with it as well, do get a feel for the track and knee dragging.

Then maybe one day i'll take the 1 to the track.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:28 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default Re: The Track

alot of people run titleless bike as track bikes and i haven't heard of any problems, i ran one but only for two events but never had an issue... i have heard rumors that one time cops were checking vins for stolen bikes, but its probably something that happened one time for a good reason and got turned into a track day urban legend because i've never actually talked to someone that has actually seen it happen, just people that know people that heard it happened to their friend at a track day

but do it, you won't regret it