Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle/powersports owner's... a survey

Old 04-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Fanboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Cycle/powersports owner's... a survey

Have you ever bought factory parts online (from a shop) from an online parts fiche?

When parts break do you just call the dealer/shop, or do you use their website? (if they have one)

When buying parts/accessories do you go online to your favorite shop's website and buy them or go straight to the provider i.e Parts Unlimited, Custom Chrome, Tucker Rocky etc. etc.?

If you need service do you call? Go to their website? Would you be comfortable filling out a service request form?

Any shops dealers you like who have excelent websites?

Thanks for your time,
Brian
Old 04-04-2006, 01:40 PM
Registered Member

zx12guy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cycle/powersports owner's... a survey

I buy almost all of my oem stuff online (unless I'm in a pinch and needed it yesterday)...... ronayers.com As for aftermarket stuff I search around for the best deal but usually get it from one of 2 places.
As far as service I'd prefer calling/going in person than some online form.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:31 PM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

I go to a dealer for OEM stuff. It can definately be cheaper online, cuz a dealer's shop is always gonna fuck you over on parts (I cant blame them though i guess, they gotta make there money somewhere). However, if a dealer is competitive for your business, you can tell/show them what you can get it online for, and they might drop the price.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:57 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Thanks guys... anyone else?

Reason I'm asking is that I'm the pdm for a division of Trader publishing that develops online business solutions for Powersports dealers... we're adding lots of functionality etc and I'm trying to get a feel of what customers will actually use.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:39 PM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

I buy 90% of my stuff online Brian. I check out a lot of forums (car/bike/truck etc.) and see what sites the members use. I never even met the salesman that sold me my new Tacoma. I ordered all my new OEM parts from trdparts4u.com and saved hundreds of dollars. I have had very little problems so far. eBay loves me also.

Last edited by Rich; 04-04-2006 at 03:42 PM.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:03 PM
Ick
Lemme track yo bike

Ick will become famous soon enough

OEM from Honda, but I get them at-cost. If I didn't have this hook-up, most likely online.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:06 AM
Free Time

octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane

Have you ever bought factory parts online (from a shop) from an online parts fiche? Yes.

When parts break do you just call the dealer/shop, or do you use their website? I use the online fiche for reference.

When buying parts/accessories do you go online to your favorite shop's website and buy them or go straight to the provider i.e Parts Unlimited, Custom Chrome, Tucker Rocky etc. etc.? Depends on the part, really. I like to support the local businesses as much as possible - particularly because my business depends on local auto and cycle businesses to prosper. For hard to find parts or on things that there is a significant price difference I might order online.

If you need service do you call? Go to their website? Would you be comfortable filling out a service request form? I do most of my own service. If I did need something repair or serviced at the dealer though, I would call for an appt and go talk to the service mgr. If someone is going to be taking my junk apart, I want to know who they are and that they are qualified first. For me, that's a face to face deal.

Any shops dealers you like who have excelent websites?
Not that I can think of offhand...
Old 04-05-2006, 05:44 AM
Fanboi

^ Thanks I appreciate the feedback.