Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Jan 18 autocross at VMP!

Old 01-14-2009, 11:47 AM
at the track today?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast
Default Re: Jan 18 autocross at VMP!

Yes.

Details soon...
Old 01-14-2009, 02:01 PM
fraggle rock

kyle h. will become famous soon enough

Wow, I was semi-kidding. But that might be all it takes to get me to become a member.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:06 AM
at the track today?

getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast

Looks like we are a go for three heats on Sunday instead of two.

Still need 10+ more entries to really make it work right though...
Old 01-15-2009, 11:18 AM
B Nice

STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW

Wish I could go to an autoX soon, but I'll be broke for a while. GL with it though. Maybe I'll come out and watch.

Hell or high water I'll make it to one this year though, lol.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Madison Motorsports

white97dsm has a reputation beyond reputewhite97dsm has a reputation beyond reputewhite97dsm has a reputation beyond reputewhite97dsm has a reputation beyond reputewhite97dsm has a reputation beyond reputewhite97dsm has a reputation beyond reputewhite97dsm has a reputation beyond reputewhite97dsm has a reputation beyond reputewhite97dsm has a reputation beyond reputewhite97dsm has a reputation beyond reputewhite97dsm has a reputation beyond repute

On the fence, god Ive gotta itch to scratch, haven't auto-xd in like 7 months.....
Old 01-15-2009, 07:47 PM
Registered Member

Ninja11 has disabled reputation

i sorta wanna give it a try, ive only got a stock ek civic and its got 17s...but if a van can do it i can to! maybe just not as well... i do have a questin is there a list of things that are inspected? i have a crack in my exhaust manifold would that be a problem? other than that i think im fine...but a list of what is inspected would be nice if anyone had one.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:58 PM
at the track today?

http://www.nasaracing.net/autox.htm scroll down to "resources" click on "click here for the '08 NASA-X tech inspection form" or click here directly: http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/n...ASA-X_Tech.pdf

You should read everything else that is linked from that "resources" section to give you a much better idea about the program and how things run.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Registered Member

killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz

To all the guys considering making this their first Auto-x but are still on the fence just sign up already.

VMP is the best autocross venue in VA (IMO). Yeah ACU-4 is pretty and doesn't have oil stains everywhere but there is nothing like a fast paced asphalt course to get your blood pumping.

NASA puts on some awesome events and always has great course designs.

I don't care what kind of car you have, if it's safe to run bring it. I started autocrossing in a ragged out 79 celica and it was a hoot. I came in 3rd to last my first event out of 90+ people. My next event I was 20th from last and by the third event I was in the top half. I even beat a Ferrari that day!!!

Once I put some r compounds on that car and started to notice a hairline crack in the frame I purchased a completely stock 76 celica and ran that in street tire class for about a year and did very well. Took several top spots and even placed in the top ten once. All of this in a 90hp (on a good day) 2600lb rustbucket.

I ran plenty events in my beater pickup while I was in between tires in my MR2 and smoked plenty of fast cars. That's what makes it the most fun. Sure it's great to take top pax or win first in class but I sure miss the days when some guy in his porsche would brag about how fast he was and his buddy says " that old toyota got you by a second."

So bring on your Yugo's, wagons, mom's accords, 2wd pickups and have a blast.

I'll be out there in a stock 4dr white sentra on 13's. Hit me up for some help. I've been out of the game for a while but I can definitely give you some basics and introduce you to someone who can get you setup.

Jon and the NASA guys put on great events and rain, snow or shine VMP is always a great place to spend a Sunday.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:31 PM
Registered Member

zeenon53 has disabled reputation

Ahh crap it's going to be cold tomorow. I'm bringing a tent with a heater.....plus 3 more racers that haven't registered....
Old 01-17-2009, 02:52 PM
at the track today?

FYI everyone, we are a go... and it is now a two-heat event. Hopefully the rain will miss us!

Quick Reply: Jan 18 autocross at VMP!