Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Drifting Event 06 potential need feedback

Old 12-12-2005, 09:29 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
soliddan has disabled reputation
Default Drifting Event 06 potential need feedback

Would you guys come to a drift event in my area? I have over 200 cones, an ex scca safety steward donating time and am looking into insurance. We did autocrosses back in the day but everone gave up and retired. I was just a kid but one of my best friends dads was the president so we are thinking of getting the club active and trying to use the insurance rider for drifting or gymkahna. It would be somewhere between Chambersburg PA and Winchester Va. We are already scoping out locations.

thanks
dan
Old 12-12-2005, 09:35 AM
Lay Low

Elhazzja has disabled reputation
Default Re: Drifting Event 06 potential need feedback

i'm down i have some hook up's also....
Old 12-12-2005, 10:17 AM
ZOR - WE'RE BACK!

cole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these parts

talk to lookoutdriftmike

he has everythin you would need for this, he wouldbe the bst bet.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:42 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

I'd be willing to go, but cost is an issue, especially depending on how far away it actually is. If you have a ball park figure of cost I'm sure you could get more people on the band wagon.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:12 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

He is in MD, which for me, is too far to go for normal events.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:16 AM
at the track today?

getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast

If you get a site worked out, I know NASA Autocross might be interested in renting it and/or helping and/or sanctioning an event there (we can get the insurance certificate with one phonecall.) The same can be said for US DRIFT I would think... at least it's worth looking into...

Jon
Old 12-13-2005, 12:39 PM
you suck, i know it

(F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-)

er...
Old 12-17-2005, 10:52 AM
lookoutdrift ae86

lookoutdriftmike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by getfast
If you get a site worked out, I know NASA Autocross might be interested in renting it and/or helping and/or sanctioning an event there (we can get the insurance certificate with one phonecall.) The same can be said for US DRIFT I would think... at least it's worth looking into...

Jon
yep, as jon said, weve got your sanctioning body right here...name the spot, i can make a phone call.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:41 AM
Registered Member

rod0921 has disabled reputation

so interested, make it happen!
Old 12-29-2005, 07:45 AM
Registered Member

soliddan has disabled reputation

OK here is what i want to do. I am going to work for a new company thats going to import a few new lines of performance stuff from japan and asia. To help get things going and to show their appreciation, they are trying to put together a drift, mini autocross day somewhere up this way say between winchester va area (southern edge) to eastern shore (east) to say Allentown / Harrisburg pa(north). The key is finding out the cost of the sanctioning body as this event is going to be free to those who buy our products. They are also going to do a contingency sponsorship program for drifting on the east coast as well as autocrossing but they are a small poor company trying to get started. They have a ton of experience in the industry but just not alot of capital. They are setting up these new lines up for 2006. I was thinking of saying somthing on the drift411 and lookout drift forums in a bit. I was wondering how many people work the events. Anyone who would donate time to help put on a practice day for newbees in exchange for practice time. I have casper canul interested in coming out to instruct and hang out. Oh and I am selling some stuff I posted today cause i am dead broke till i get hired and or move or get a damn car to run so i can get another job until they are ready to go....lol

thanks
dan

Quick Reply: Drifting Event 06 potential need feedback