Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Anyone going to Hyper-fest at Summit Point?

Old 05-31-2003, 05:31 PM
old guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
roadRacer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone going to Hyper-fest at Summit Point?

Anyone going to this. It is a pretty good event with lots of mixed up stuff. There is a time trials event (fast autocross) on the Jefferson Circuit, and of course a ricer show...but... Some drifting comptetition (I'd like to give this a try) and some time on the tracks.

Info here http://www.hyper-fest.com/
Old 06-01-2003, 03:10 AM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

i'm going.
Old 06-01-2003, 02:53 PM
Royal Member

Royal Lude97 is an unknown quantity at this point

Streamline Motosports members will be going, some showing and some racing
Old 06-08-2003, 03:51 PM
LOOK-OUT!!1

conspire is an unknown quantity at this point

lookoutdrift is going for tyhe drift contest. HF 1 at beaverun was a blast besides the crappy weather. for the time trials you need a comp license but for people without, theres the hyperdrive which is a balls out run with you and an instructor in your car. and Summit is a beautiful track with a nice spectator section at the carousel.
Old 06-30-2003, 10:11 PM
at the track today?

getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast

I'm new to this board but I'll be there working pit/grid as usual. Last year was a blast, I can't wait until this weekend!

PS- Newbies can get on the track with an instructor for as little as $40, it doesn't get any cheaper/easier than that

Jon
ps- for those who aren't quite sure what this event is, here is a recent email from one of the organizers with some details:

Hey guys it's on!

Last year we did 2 small Hyper Fest events on the East Coast. These were test events. For 2003 we are doing a 5 event schedule, coast to coast. Here is the info on the event as well as the schedule. If you want to reach me my email addy is at the bottom of the page.

Hyper Fest is a cobination of the traditional import show along with road racing and a drift competition. Here is what's involved.

Hyper Show - Traditional show, awards will be given in 15 classes. The show will be judged by the International All Stars.

Hyper Drives - This is where you can go to drivers school and get a taste of what trck driving is all about and for just a little cash, $40. Which gets you a 30 minute classroom session followed by a 20 minute track session in your car.

Shot Gun Ride Alongs - If you don't want to drive then you can take a ride with a professional driver in their car.

US Drift Nationals - This is a drift competition limited to 50 drivers per event. Each competition will be held on the main track at each Hyper Fest. There will be a large award purse for the top 3 drivers at each event as well as the winner will be shot for the 2004 Hyper Fest calendar.

Tuner Time Trial - This is where retail shops and manufactures can bring their best car to the track where they will try to turn in the lowest lap time.

Pro road racing - The following racing series will be featured at the Hyper Fest events.
US Touring Car/touring car racing
Honda Challenge/Honda race cars from Civics to NSX
Spec Miata/All Mazda Miata cars
Fran Am/Open wheel formula cars
Legends/1/4 scale with motorcycle engines

There will also be a lot of other stuff like a beauty contest, pocket bike and go kart racing, engine swap contest, lots of vendors and a contest called Rice, Rice Challenge where each team is provided a junk car along with odd building supplies like cardboard, plywood, spray paint and of course stickers. The winners will be determined by the team building the car featuring the most humor.

May 17-18 Beaverun Motorsports Complex/Pittsburgh, PA
July 5-6 Summit Point Raceway/Outside Wash. DC
July 12-13 California Speedway/Fontana, CA
August 23-24 Lowes Speedway/Charlotte, NC
Oct 25-26 Infineon Speedway (Sears Point)/Sonoma, CA

Check out the site at http://www.hyper-fest.com
Or you can reach me at mike@hyper-fest.com