Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

zex dry kit backfiring

Old 06-12-2006, 12:39 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Magic Wheels Magic Wheels Magic Wheels Magic Wheels Magic Wheels Magic Wheels Magic Wheels Magic Wheels Magic Wheels Magic Wheels Magic Wheels
Default Re: zex dry kit backfiring

Originally Posted by LS-T EH3
nitrous backfire! be carefule with that.... dont spray it anymore call ZEX! also run a wet kit!
Don't get me wrong, But the best nitrous system is a dry system that lets the computer deliver more fuel to the mix and even control the timing.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:45 PM
Clean Freak.

Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean

Originally Posted by Magic Wheels
Don't get me wrong, But the best nitrous system is a dry system that lets the computer deliver more fuel to the mix and even control the timing.
if the kit adds fuel its a wet kit, dry kits are nitrous only, no additional fuel.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:06 PM
Registered Member

Magic Wheels Magic Wheels Magic Wheels Magic Wheels Magic Wheels Magic Wheels Magic Wheels Magic Wheels Magic Wheels Magic Wheels Magic Wheels

Ok,Buddy!
You said: that you've been running a zex box on a b16a, and the box worked fine for a while, What you mean with that?
but it's just backfiring when i use it now. I assumed that you did something or change something that stared backfiring, start from there.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Keepin it Klean
if the kit adds fuel its a wet kit, dry kits are nitrous only, no additional fuel.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:54 PM
BadAssMotherFuqr

Red81Z28 is on a distinguished road

i agree with you except in a case where you can't get an even spray in each cylnder, which if you were spraying gas and nitrous together, the cylnders won't have as bad of hot spots.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:57 PM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

SHITS GONNA BLOW UP *****!!!!
Old 06-16-2006, 04:57 PM
BadAssMotherFuqr

ya'll never believe this!! i've been running this zex kit without a nitrous jet to regulate the flow. the jet has a hole .032 inches, but without it, it is.130 inches. a 100 shot takes a .045 size nozzle so you figure out how much nitrous i was dumoping on the motor. ALOT !!!! it took it like a champ for a few races at the tracks.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:25 AM
BadAssMotherFuqr

Ok,Buddy!
You said: that you've been running a zex box on a b16a, and the box worked fine for a while, What you mean with that?
but it's just backfiring when i use it now. I assumed that you did something or change something that stared backfiring, start from there.
nothing was changed