Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

wtf is going on ???

Old 03-27-2005, 09:18 PM
Bearded.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO
Exclamation wtf is going on ???

ok im driving on the interstate at about 80ish, then all of a sudden my speedo and tach start moving simotaneously(sp) but im not goign any faster?

this problem has happened before and it was right after i got a new clutch, it only had 300 miles on it, and when they took it out of the car, they said is was TORE slam up, i was liek there is no way in hell i can tear a brand new clutch up in 300 miles?

ok so back to the problem....it stays in gear and everythign but when i press the gas, nothign happens all i hear is the motor revving.. thats it...im think that its the clutch disc getting too hott, but how can the clutch disc get hot if im cruzing in 5th gear on I-64?? my foot wasnt on the pedal at all...i didnt have to shift for atleast 10-15 miles, so? i mean whats the deal here?

is the clutch disc goign bad, warped, or does it jsut sound liek its a POS clutch?? ive had to replace the clutch 2 times in 1 week before, luckily the labor was under warranty from western auto, but ne wayz...if you could help me out as to what you think is goign on that would be greatly appreciated??

thank you
brandon
Old 03-28-2005, 02:34 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: wtf is going on ???

clutch definately. but if i were the tech doing it, i would look to see what the fuck is wrong (meaning what is keeping the clutch partially disengaged)
Old 03-28-2005, 03:52 AM
Banned

c1t1d1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sound like its not ingaging, like the syncros or what every its callthe keeps the gears moveing at tthe right speed when you switch grears is off. So can you shift grears 1-5 and back and R. Does it just happen when your in 5th and driving and you hit the gas and nothing. Sounds like clutch or tranny is slipping or teeth on gears are really bad.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:56 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by c1t1d1
Sound like its not ingaging, like the syncros or what every its callthe keeps the gears moveing at tthe right speed when you switch grears is off. So can you shift grears 1-5 and back and R. Does it just happen when your in 5th and driving and you hit the gas and nothing. Sounds like clutch or tranny is slipping or teeth on gears are really bad.

engrish preeze?

clutch. period. and find out why its fucking up.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:53 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally Posted by fc735
engrish preeze?

clutch. period. and find out why its fucking up.
hahahhahhahaaa!!!!!!
yes its definately the clutch gone bad. are you breaking in the clutch properly? like not racing or dogging it at all with in the first 500 miles?
Old 03-28-2005, 07:55 AM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by dorko
i was liek there is no way in hell i can tear a brand new clutch up in 300 miles?

id say thats your problem right there haha
Old 03-28-2005, 08:41 AM
Bearded.

yes i broke it in properly...and it will do it in everygear.... but it just happened last nite in 5th...

what would make the clutch stay partially engaged? like a bad tranny? or what? i have no clue...would it do this if the clutch got to hot? but why would the clutch get hot? this clutch that we are talkign about only has 2700 miles on it...so WTF!
Old 03-28-2005, 08:59 AM
LS/SE GSR JDM TypeR

ECHybrid has disabled reputation

Ive encountered similar problems in my GSR, both times I broke the throwout bearing and it became lodged between the clutch fork and pressure plate, partially engaging the clutch.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:36 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

bring it to me and ill fix it and find out what is causing this to happen
Old 03-28-2005, 08:51 PM
Bearded.

well i was cruzing on the james river bridge and it did it again, so i had to pull over, and get vdot to tow me home....

im so fuckign pissed right now b/c i dont have ne money to fix this, im so abou tto trade this shit in and get a fuckign ford explorer or a geo metro or something...i so fuckign tired of it...

how would my clutch be partially engaged? i mean would i be able to hear the T/O bearing broken? or what? im so fuckign pissed......i thikn i want to make a SPO thread or somehtign

advice on wtf is goign on...

Last edited by DORKO; 03-28-2005 at 08:54 PM.

Quick Reply: wtf is going on ???