Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

wire tuck info/advice needed

Old 08-09-2006, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA
Default wire tuck info/advice needed

i am looking into doing a FULL wire tuck on a 99 ex, car has been converted into a si almost completely.. i want to keep the ac and ps also....
i am taking this as my first step to doing this also so any and all advice as well as steps to do a wire tuck will be greatly appreciated

if there are any parts that i will need please list them and a place where i can find them also

if you have pictures of steps to do this or if you have a link that can tell me step by step please link it.
thanks in advance
Old 08-09-2006, 08:51 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod
Default Re: wire tuck info/advice needed

It is a big headache.

If you want to truely do it. Like make it to where NO wires can be seen. You have to cut a hole in the bottom of the fire wall, make your harness a T, instead of it coming from both sides of the engine bay.

If you want to do a mild tuck. Unpin the headlight harnesses, and pull them thru a hole on the side of the engine bay up against the fire wall and then repin them back inside the fender.

It's not easy, but it's not hard. Just takes alot of time, and good trouble shooting skills.

PS. A friend just did the exact same thing, 98 civic, 99 Si everything, but his is turbo'd. His engine bay is black so you can't really tell.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:58 PM

DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA

yeah this engine bay is black as well, but i really want to do the tuck.................. if anyone wants to come help ill buy a case and lunch....lol
Old 08-09-2006, 09:01 PM
braap braap

Originally Posted by DC4INTEGRA
yeah this engine bay is black as well, but i really want to do the tuck.................. if anyone wants to come help ill buy a case and lunch....lol

This isn't a one day affair. Unless you just tuck the headlight harnesses.

I can ask my friend if he'd help you. I have never done a wiretuck from beginning to end, but I have helped on 3 now.

Willing to come out to P-Town?
Old 08-09-2006, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jarrod
This isn't a one day affair. Unless you just tuck the headlight harnesses.

I can ask my friend if he'd help you. I have never done a wiretuck from beginning to end, but I have helped on 3 now.

Willing to come out to P-Town?
i dont expect it to be a 1 day affair at all...lol this car isnt my daily so thats why im trying to do this. and i would be willing to come to p town if needed but i would not want to leave my car there ya know.... if you guys could come to the beach area it would be alot better
Old 08-09-2006, 09:08 PM
braap braap

Originally Posted by DC4INTEGRA
i dont expect it to be a 1 day affair at all...lol this car isnt my daily so thats why im trying to do this. and i would be willing to come to p town if needed but i would not want to leave my car there ya know.... if you guys could come to the beach area it would be alot better
Understandable.

Seriously. Have you done any wiring work?

I assume thats your car in the sig, your other one? If so, jesus it's nice . Haha. O back on topic, I think you have the common sense to do it, if that is infact your car in the avatar.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jarrod
Understandable.

Seriously. Have you done any wiring work?

I assume thats your car in the sig, your other one? If so, jesus it's nice . Haha. O back on topic, I think you have the common sense to do it, if that is infact your car in the avatar.
that car in my avatar was indeed mine and i just sold it a few days ago , but i have a truck also. And i do have the common sense to do the majority of the tuck, but when it comes to alot of it i dont really have the confidence ya know.

and thanks for the complement on my coupe..