Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

bleed the clutch?

Old 06-15-2006, 10:00 AM
7FIVE7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jstabb1 can only hope to improve
Default bleed the clutch?

Yesterday during the storm my clutch lost power about 2 blocks away from my house. I got it home let it sit and it still doesn't have power. Should i try to bleed the line or could it be something else?
Old 06-15-2006, 01:09 PM
PoNtEeN4

Henryx33 has disabled reputation
Default Re: bleed the clutch?

The same happen to my roomate. Check your fluid level. If it seems unusually low bleed the clutch. You might have air in the lines. Should be pretty easy to do.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:37 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jstabb1
Yesterday during the storm my clutch lost power about 2 blocks away from my house. I got it home let it sit and it still doesn't have power. Should i try to bleed the line or could it be something else?
Another common prelude problem, the clutch master cylinder probably went bad.. look down under the dash to the shaft that goes through the firewall thats connected to the clutch pedal.. you will probably see it leaking there..

Buy a new one on ebay or something(thats what I did, $30), and replace it/bleed the system with new fluid. You could change the slave cylinder as well, on the trans, but I didn't
Old 06-15-2006, 07:06 PM
7FIVE7

jstabb1 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by GaRn
Another common prelude problem, the clutch master cylinder probably went bad.. look down under the dash to the shaft that goes through the firewall thats connected to the clutch pedal.. you will probably see it leaking there..

Buy a new one on ebay or something(thats what I did, $30), and replace it/bleed the system with new fluid. You could change the slave cylinder as well, on the trans, but I didn't
I will check the shaft tommarow when its light outside and if all else i'll just attemp to bleed the clutch and hopefully it works.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:00 AM
Registered Member

Ej8D16y8-T is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you guys talking about how short and weak the clutch is? I could just tap my clutch and it would allow me to shift, but than it would not eat into the gears. Is there a way to adjust this?? The car is a 96 prelude, F 22 motor. Thanks.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:03 AM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jstabb1
did it come back on after the storm?