Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

when should i shift?

Old 03-18-2005, 07:28 PM
RMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RMC has disabled reputation
Default when should i shift?

I just bought a car a few weeks ago it has a jdm b16a2 with a jr supercharger running 6lbs and want to know when the ideal times to shift would be to make the car perform at its best while racing
any suggestions or anyone with a similar set up
Old 03-18-2005, 07:32 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: when should i shift?

i would shift at the stock redline, unless the motor is built thats about the safest maximmum rpm to shift at......these people that rev way higher than stock redline when there motor isnt built or the motor isnt making anymore power than it was 1500rpm less make me upset.....they like to think that revving to 9500 rpm when there car stopped making power at 8k is a cool thing or something till a rod goes throug the block of there valve drops into the cylinder......
Old 03-18-2005, 07:43 PM
Bearded.

DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO

get s shiftlite and then you can set it to whenever you want to...
Old 03-18-2005, 07:46 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Originally Posted by dorko
get s shiftlite and then you can set it to whenever you want to...
God damn you make no fucking sense.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:50 PM
Bearded.

DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO

well once you figure out when its the best possible time to shift, then you wouldn have to worry about lookin at the tach when you need to shift, thats what i meant by the shift lite
Old 03-19-2005, 04:48 AM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
i would shift at the stock redline, unless the motor is built thats about the safest maximmum rpm to shift at......these people that rev way higher than stock redline when there motor isnt built or the motor isnt making anymore power than it was 1500rpm less make me upset.....they like to think that revving to 9500 rpm when there car stopped making power at 8k is a cool thing or something till a rod goes throug the block of there valve drops into the cylinder......
hahahha hahahha hahaha

What a waste of a good paragraph.. he's gonna have no idea wtf you were talking about.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:08 AM
INTERNET PIMP

2.3Liter is on a distinguished road

dumb thread:thmdwn:
Old 03-19-2005, 02:33 PM
RMC

RMC has disabled reputation

so is there a certain rpm that im going to be making the most power and should shift or just shift at my stock redline 8200 in every gear, the motor is not built
Old 03-19-2005, 02:39 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

8200 will do you just fine.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:41 PM
Registered Member

88CRXHFBSTNG has disabled reputation

Unless your Ecu has been modified and had the rev-limiter removed, then you pretty much don't have to worry about blowing up the engine. hence the name rev-limiter. anyways you should shift just before you bounce off the F'n rev-limiter. Like he said a tach with a shift-lite is a good tool to Learn (<-on purpose) you where to shift without hitting the damn rev-limiter.

Quick Reply: when should i shift?