Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

want to do h22 swap in a DA help

Old 06-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boosie1 has disabled reputation
Default want to do h22 swap in a DA help

has any one on here did an h22 swap in an da waht do i need besides motor and trany and motor mount kit and can i keep my ys1 trans or is the prelude one better
Old 06-26-2008, 04:57 PM
NOt rep'n the g1teg

popwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: want to do h22 swap in a DA help

i would keep the ys1 tranny because h22 trannies are cable linkage..and to convert from rod to cable would be hell in my opinion..

do the better option.. swap a k

...www.hasport.com
Old 06-26-2008, 05:04 PM
Registered Member

oxidejunky has disabled reputation

just do the h to b swap not sure if they make the mounts for a da so just google it
Old 06-26-2008, 05:04 PM
Go Hard or Go Home

phreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these parts

im doing a swap at the moment that is almost identical to yours JDM F22b in an EF..... try explicitspeedperformance.net they dont have the h2b adapter you would need to use your ys1 tranny but they can probably point you in the right direction.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:07 PM
Go Hard or Go Home

phreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by oxidejunky
just do the h to b swap not sure if they make the mounts for a da so just google it
oh they make them... they'll just cost you an arm and a leg... hasport, innovative and explicit speed performance all feature mounts for the h/f series into an ef/da chasis
Old 06-26-2008, 07:03 PM
Registered Member

thanks the mounts are $400 also why you doing an f swap insead of an h just wondering and what are the specs on an f22
Old 06-26-2008, 07:36 PM
Go Hard or Go Home

Originally Posted by boosie1
thanks the mounts are $400 also why you doing an f swap insead of an h just wondering and what are the specs on an f22
mainly for two reasons.... 1. i dont know of many people who have done this swap and 2. i got a killer deal on the whole swap

specs:

Displacement (cc): 2156
Power (bhp@rpm): 166 @ 6,000 rpm
Torque (ft/lbs@rpm): 156 @ 5,000 rpm
Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
Bore (mm): 85
Stroke (mm): 95
Cam Design: DOHC
tranny: USDM H23A1

....in short its a non vtec dohc 2.2 liter F-series.... the only dohc F- series as far as i know. it was available in the 92-96 JDM prelude. with a bit of boost, this should prove to be a torque monster
Old 06-26-2008, 07:45 PM
Registered Member

hey thats an good reason and has decent hp and torque pretty soon ill start my swap any idea on how the h22 is on boost
Old 06-26-2008, 08:03 PM
Go Hard or Go Home

i believe its fine on boost.... im not exactly sure of the compression so i dont know how safe it would be. if you planned on building your motor then i would say go ahead and boost... but on stock internals i dunno. i would pull the pistons in favor of something lower; around 9.1:1. i would probably get some jdm type s pistons and spray it. http://www.zealautowerks.com has a compression calculator for b,h and k series motors.... enter in your info and it will let you know if you're on the right track.

yeah man... when i saw the numbers on the F22B i was sold right there. a few more horses than a b16 and about 40 more ft/lbs of torque... and all for less than a b16 longblock... cant go wrong. GL with your swap

Last edited by phreakvbhc; 06-26-2008 at 08:05 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:14 PM
Registered Member

yea man good deal and good thinking the first day i bought my car i beat an b16 i have an ls with ys1 tans new clutch it pull but i rarely see DA's with an h22a or an ef with an f22

Quick Reply: want to do h22 swap in a DA help