Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

want to build all motor in gsr

Old 11-23-2008, 05:42 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95ex14psi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default want to build all motor in gsr

i thinking about buildin a gsr motor but i have no clue where to start .. any good idea.. i would like to keep it all motor
Old 11-23-2008, 05:57 PM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn
Default Re: want to build all motor in gsr

Originally Posted by 95ex14psi
i thinking about buildin a gsr motor but i have no clue where to start .. any good idea.. i would like to keep it all motor
Honda tech and search! /thread
Old 11-23-2008, 06:14 PM
DUKE BLUE DEVILS

9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by jebsurf
Honda tech and search! /thread
Maybe before the switch....

lol...
Old 12-01-2008, 03:59 AM
Registered Member

hey its me is an unknown quantity at this point

dude get an ls bottom bigger crank than the gs-r andget a b16 head and golden eagle vtec kit and that should solve your problem
Old 12-01-2008, 05:48 PM
gotta go gotta go

cr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of options out there, really depends on your budget. For all motor projects, playing around with any vtec head is only going to get you so far. So, get into that block and put in a crank with a larger stroke, replace the rods with lighter aftermarket ones, get some good main and rod bearings, and higher compression pistons (with full floating wrist pins). After that, bolt on your gsr or b16 head with cams and upgraded valve train. There are so many different possible part combinations that listing all of them would take a while. Look into already built projects online and ask questions that are a little more specific. Such as, "Which pistons should I buy, JE or CP?" and what not. Good luck.

Last edited by cr1m3rat3z; 12-02-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Registered Member

hey its me is an unknown quantity at this point

yup i agree
Old 12-02-2008, 12:40 PM
not a noob

JAvenger has disabled reputation

this is the way i would go, done right. well worth it.

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/parts-archive-77/fresh-gsr-long-block-type-r-trans-skunk-2-a-265045/
Old 12-02-2008, 12:53 PM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

If your going All-motor, do not skimp out on the header. If you cant justify spending 5-1000 dollars on an RMF/SMSP header, then you shouldn't build it. It doesn't cease to amaze me, all of these people building a powerful, stout N/a four cylinder.....throw on some shitty ebay/dc sports headers. They really hurt you for power.

It's going to take some money, but it would be fun afterwards. I wouldn't do LS/VTEC. You can make plenty of power and more reliable than those frank setups for cheaper. Check out Madsteez's old four door thread. He made 217 through a shitty header. I'd say browse around on honda-tech in the all motor section and research for a little while.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Don't quit!

Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia

Originally Posted by I spy Psi
If your going All-motor, do not skimp out on the header. If you cant justify spending 5-1000 dollars on an RMF/SMSP header, then you shouldn't build it. It doesn't cease to amaze me, all of these people building a powerful, stout N/a four cylinder.....throw on some shitty ebay/dc sports headers. They really hurt you for power.

It's going to take some money, but it would be fun afterwards. I wouldn't do LS/VTEC. You can make plenty of power and more reliable than those frank setups for cheaper. Check out Madsteez's old four door thread. He made 217 through a shitty header. I'd say browse around on honda-tech in the all motor section and research for a little while.
Where did he get dynoed @ that #?
Because different dynos read different. I know people that dynoed high hp #'s @ one place only to be disapointed at the next.
I agree with the quality header. You can build that GSR to be better than LS/VTEC but u can also build a LS/VTEC to be better than a GSR. I guess it boils down to a matter of opinion, parts & tune.
Go with a standalone engine management whatever you decide. They offer a wide range of different options & saftey features that will save you engine if you happen to misshift or something.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

He got dyno'd at Dyno inc. and on the GSR transmission, he was right there side by side with a K20r hatchback that made 10 more whp on a dynojet.

It really all is personally preferance. I just prefer not to mismatch builds anymore because half of the time it has always been a headache.

Quick Reply: want to build all motor in gsr