Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

valves....

Old 12-10-2006, 09:55 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
audiophile24 has disabled reputation
Default valves....

i need my valves adjusted and inspected on an h22a pm me when you could do it, and a name and price
Old 12-10-2006, 10:25 PM
JAY SPEC

00civichatch 00civichatch
Default Re: valves....

aim francisco 'broke92teg' he's in va beach.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:50 PM
Registered Member

would the valves cause the engine to not build compression?
Old 12-12-2006, 07:24 PM
yeah...its me

lurkin' eg has disabled reputation

honestly, i wouldn't ask francisco. hes a nice dude but for business its a different story. i had my valves adjusted by him a while back but they were still ticking. i got my car looked at by other people and they said that it didn't seem to be adjusted. talked to him about it and asked if he could look at it, but he said he would charge me again. if you do go to him, make sure that you are there watching him do it. and if you can get someone who knows it well to see the process, that would be great. goodluck
Old 12-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Huntin Dropa ForLife

RPRacing has disabled reputation

Lurkin' eg - i did do your valves and as soon as you started the car up, i told you it wasnt the valves. before you left my house, i told you it wasnt the valves. when all your friends who told you it was the valves, I told you it wasnt the valves. Here is a question, if all your friends are mechanically inclined enough to know what the problem is and tell you its the valves, why not have one of them do it. Obviously they know more than i do.

I already told you it is probably your LMAs. I told you that you needed to replace them. I KNOW ITS NOT YOUR VALVES, so why would i waste my time doing it again for free. How about this, i will gladly do your valve adjustment again for free; on one condition though. If it doesnt fix the problem, you are going to pay me for my time. If it does fix the problem, I will pay you your original money back.

You dropped the car off to me because you wanted it done that day. You couldnt wait, because you had to take a friend somewhere and i was working on another car. I had it done by the time you got back.

audiophile24, yes, bent or severely unadjusted valves would cause an engine not to build compression, but what are the numbers looking like?

-Francisco
Old 12-12-2006, 08:20 PM
yeah...its me

lurkin' eg has disabled reputation

look man, im not here to beef with you. but i sure dont remember thats how it happened. what I remember is when i started it up, you agreed that it was the valves. cool. yeah and i regret that i left cause i wanted to see the process, but i was needed elsewhere. my bad. but when i got back thats when you told me that it was my LMA's. but that was AFTER you did the adjustment. Heres the answer, i did get them re-adjusted by my friend and they SOUND GREAT. i guess i could rephrase my statement and say that you did do the valve adjustment, but just not as good as my friend, which is fine. dont get me wrong, im not questioning your abilities because i know you def know your stuff. thats not my point. my point is that i asked if you could check it out again, and you wanted to charge me again. alright ill put myself in your position. as a business man, i would def charge someone for my services, but if that someone had a problem from my work, i would gladly give a helping hand to make the situation better. compromising is the key. but see since i wasn't there i cant judge that you did or didn't do the adjustment. so im not expecting money back, or a return visit. im just tryin to help others from making the mistakes that i made. so again, im not tryin to diss you out or anything. and if i sound like i am, thats not the case. sorry audiophile24, didn't mean to interrupt your forum like that. gl with everything.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:39 PM
Registered Member

the number 3 cylinder is only pumping up to 15psi....number 4 and number 2 have almost over 200 so i guess that rules out a head-gasket....also i see no oil water mixture in the crankcase and it does not burn oil....strange to me...someone told me that carbon deposits on the valves would stop compression from building up so i ran some seafoam through the brake booster line and that did not help the problem at all but it does sound like i have rocks under my valve cover when it is running...i have done valves before but the valves on this motor are way unreachable especially on the intake side i cant even get the feeler gauge in there....so i figured i would ask someone who possibly may be able to do it that has the proper tool to do so....i did my research on honda tech also
Old 12-12-2006, 08:41 PM
Huntin Dropa ForLife

RPRacing has disabled reputation

gotcha. sounds like carbon or possibly a bent valve. have you overreved it recently or bounced off the rev limiter at all. how is your driving style/habits? I'll be happy to do it for you. the car has to be cold when you do it to get proper results.

also, we can run a leakdown test on the motor to see where its losing the compression from (intake, exhaust, HG, rings, etc). let me know if you are interested.

-Francisco
Old 12-12-2006, 08:43 PM
Registered Member

whats a LMA?
Old 12-12-2006, 08:46 PM
Registered Member

i am interested how much are we talking i am a broke ass college student...and i don't beat on the car at all i have never even seen 6500rpm in the car i just put gas in it and drive it i had a boosted single cam hatch that i would beat on the lude is just a daily....

Quick Reply: valves....