Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

V-TEC BEING RETARDED

Old 09-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99gsrcivic has disabled reputation
Default V-TEC BEING RETARDED

ok well my car is throwing code 22 vvt controll and pressure switch. I checked everything and dont see nothing wrong. I have a obd1 gsr so any help. Ive looked at the wores and changed them around and all and its still messed up. I dont understand. It worked for like 2 minutes then quit agin.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:16 PM
kseriesdc2

kseriesdc2 has disabled reputation
Default Re: V-TEC BEING RETARDED

Does it come on while driving?,low oil will cause that and also on vtec sylenoid screen gets clogged, check these first
Old 09-05-2007, 05:13 PM
MIKEOXMALL

jeffery has disabled reputation

i thought vtac was only for retards.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Slowest HRC Member

BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffery
i thought vtac was only for retards.

No, standard high performance cam profiles on a street car are for the retards who cannot spell vtec.

As for the gentleman with the question: Have you verified that the oil pressure is correct? The code indicates the pressure switch is not activating properly. A couple of possible causes were pointed out above, as being the most common source for the problem.

If you put an oil pressure gauge on it, and it's providing the necessary pressure, consider that the VTEC solenoid may not be working properly, or wired properly. But kseries gave you the most likely cause. So, as he said, check that first.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Registered Member

99gsrcivic has disabled reputation

YA THANKS FOR THE HELP. i FIGURED IT OUT. i REPLACED THE PRESSURE SWITCH AND IT WORKS FINE NOW.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:08 PM
MIKEOXMALL

Originally Posted by HondaRules!
No, standard high performance cam profiles on a street car are for the retards who cannot spell vtec.

As for the gentleman with the question: Have you verified that the oil pressure is correct? The code indicates the pressure switch is not activating properly. A couple of possible causes were pointed out above, as being the most common source for the problem.

If you put an oil pressure gauge on it, and it's providing the necessary pressure, consider that the VTEC solenoid may not be working properly, or wired properly. But kseries gave you the most likely cause. So, as he said, check that first.
sorry V-Tec.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:53 PM
Slowest HRC Member

BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffery
sorry V-Tec.
Granted, I'm not a big fan of vtec....but it has some good uses.
It basically allows you to cam up a race car, and vary the valve timing to another profile for street driving. Step on the gas....kick in the second profile, bam!

I'd prefer to see a state of the art, electrically controlled hydraulic valve system, similar to what's used in an F1 engine, but I think that's still a few years off from being a reality at an affordable price.

Would make for unlimited ability to control timing (no cams.) Ultimate control over your engine.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:12 AM
MIKEOXMALL

Originally Posted by HondaRules!
Granted, I'm not a big fan of vtec....but it has some good uses.
It basically allows you to cam up a race car, and vary the valve timing to another profile for street driving. Step on the gas....kick in the second profile, bam!

I'd prefer to see a state of the art, electrically controlled hydraulic valve system, similar to what's used in an F1 engine, but I think that's still a few years off from being a reality at an affordable price.

Would make for unlimited ability to control timing (no cams.) Ultimate control over your engine.
I have V-Tec, its called at k03s it kicks in a 3k...
Old 09-16-2007, 08:30 AM

bluidracr is an unknown quantity at this point

i know this might sound stupid but what kind of oil are you running and what weight....mine did the same, it would work for a few mins then quit, just cause i was using 10w-30, i started using the heavier weight...10w-40 mobil clean 5000....and it never quit once...it walways hits, and the code 22 never comes on....let me know man...seriously it actually works too.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:27 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

Originally Posted by bluidracr
i know this might sound stupid but what kind of oil are you running and what weight....mine did the same, it would work for a few mins then quit, just cause i was using 10w-30, i started using the heavier weight...10w-40 mobil clean 5000....and it never quit once...it walways hits, and the code 22 never comes on....let me know man...seriously it actually works too.
what the hell did you just say???

Quick Reply: V-TEC BEING RETARDED