VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   V-TEC BEING RETARDED (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/v-tec-being-retarded-202780/)

99gsrcivic 09-05-2007 03:59 PM

V-TEC BEING RETARDED

ok well my car is throwing code 22 vvt controll and pressure switch. I checked everything and dont see nothing wrong. I have a obd1 gsr so any help. Ive looked at the wores and changed them around and all and its still messed up. I dont understand. It worked for like 2 minutes then quit agin.

kseriesdc2 09-05-2007 04:16 PM

Re: V-TEC BEING RETARDED

Does it come on while driving?,low oil will cause that and also on vtec sylenoid screen gets clogged, check these first

jeffery 09-05-2007 05:13 PM

i thought vtac was only for retards.

BAD4DR 09-05-2007 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by jeffery (Post 3359061)
i thought vtac was only for retards.

No, standard high performance cam profiles on a street car are for the retards who cannot spell vtec.

As for the gentleman with the question: Have you verified that the oil pressure is correct? The code indicates the pressure switch is not activating properly. A couple of possible causes were pointed out above, as being the most common source for the problem.

If you put an oil pressure gauge on it, and it's providing the necessary pressure, consider that the VTEC solenoid may not be working properly, or wired properly. But kseries gave you the most likely cause. So, as he said, check that first.

99gsrcivic 09-05-2007 06:44 PM

YA THANKS FOR THE HELP. i FIGURED IT OUT. i REPLACED THE PRESSURE SWITCH AND IT WORKS FINE NOW.

jeffery 09-05-2007 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by HondaRules! (Post 3359114)
No, standard high performance cam profiles on a street car are for the retards who cannot spell vtec.

As for the gentleman with the question: Have you verified that the oil pressure is correct? The code indicates the pressure switch is not activating properly. A couple of possible causes were pointed out above, as being the most common source for the problem.

If you put an oil pressure gauge on it, and it's providing the necessary pressure, consider that the VTEC solenoid may not be working properly, or wired properly. But kseries gave you the most likely cause. So, as he said, check that first.

sorry V-Tec.

BAD4DR 09-05-2007 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by jeffery (Post 3359769)
sorry V-Tec.

Granted, I'm not a big fan of vtec....but it has some good uses.
It basically allows you to cam up a race car, and vary the valve timing to another profile for street driving. Step on the gas....kick in the second profile, bam!

I'd prefer to see a state of the art, electrically controlled hydraulic valve system, similar to what's used in an F1 engine, but I think that's still a few years off from being a reality at an affordable price.

Would make for unlimited ability to control timing (no cams.) Ultimate control over your engine.

jeffery 09-06-2007 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by HondaRules! (Post 3359791)
Granted, I'm not a big fan of vtec....but it has some good uses.
It basically allows you to cam up a race car, and vary the valve timing to another profile for street driving. Step on the gas....kick in the second profile, bam!

I'd prefer to see a state of the art, electrically controlled hydraulic valve system, similar to what's used in an F1 engine, but I think that's still a few years off from being a reality at an affordable price.

Would make for unlimited ability to control timing (no cams.) Ultimate control over your engine.

I have V-Tec, its called at k03s it kicks in a 3k...

bluidracr 09-16-2007 08:30 AM

i know this might sound stupid but what kind of oil are you running and what weight....mine did the same, it would work for a few mins then quit, just cause i was using 10w-30, i started using the heavier weight...10w-40 mobil clean 5000....and it never quit once...it walways hits, and the code 22 never comes on....let me know man...seriously it actually works too.

-JB- 09-17-2007 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by bluidracr (Post 3385707)
i know this might sound stupid but what kind of oil are you running and what weight....mine did the same, it would work for a few mins then quit, just cause i was using 10w-30, i started using the heavier weight...10w-40 mobil clean 5000....and it never quit once...it walways hits, and the code 22 never comes on....let me know man...seriously it actually works too.

what the hell did you just say???