Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Turbo Si not idling

Old 08-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ffxcntyproblm has disabled reputation
Default Turbo Si not idling

I have a 2000 civic si. I put a drag kit on it and hondata s100. The car will start but wont idle correctly, runs ridiclously rich. Plugs are gapped at .030. All vacuum lines are good. Boost gauge is reading 10 in vacuum. The car had a previous basemap on the ecu for 19 psi, which means he had to have ran a 3 bar map sensor, right? That would be a big reason my car wont idle on this basemap.

And another thing, im using obd2 injector clips for the 600cc's. I wired them up so the common (yellow/black) is on the right wire of the injector pigtail while the injectors are plugged in. Is that right?

Should i retard or advance the timing at all?

Thanks for any help, Honda-tech's server is FUCKED all the time

Last edited by ffxcntyproblm; 08-12-2008 at 07:38 PM. Reason: fucked up
Old 08-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Registered Member

Default Re: Turbo Si not idling

anyone anyone???? I have to find out by tommorow! thanks
Old 08-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Soooo...what MAP sensor are you using? Something different than a 3 bar I assume? That would cause pretty big problems.

If you didn't have the same size injectors as the basemap, that will cause problems also. You should go get tuned.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:38 AM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

^ what Chris said. Find out exactly what your base map was set-up for. Injector size and MAP sensor will significantly affect the target A/F ratio.....
Old 08-13-2008, 06:24 AM
Registered Member

The basemap was for the drag kit with the upgraded tial wastegate and the 60 trim turbo upgrade from turbonetics on 19 psi on low impedence 525 cc inkectors with a resistor box on a 99 si. Also he had to have had a GM 3 bar map sensor to be runnign that boost.

My car wont even run well enough to drive at all. Im going to pick the s100 from the shop around lunch time. Hopefully that wil do it. Im runnning on the stock map sensor becuase im keeping it for a daily and am staying under 10 psi...(for now) haha

Thanks for the quick replys. The guys on Honda-tech are fucking pricks and all they tell you to do is SEARCH! All the old threads were locked for ranting and raving. THANK god for vadriven. haha thanks fellas
Old 08-13-2008, 07:22 AM
FTW

GuNnErgOd is an unknown quantity at this point

don't get s100. Take it to a tuner and have them put Neptune on it for $100 bucks. Matt Shue can do it in the Richmond area.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:25 AM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

S100 isn't really a great choice for boost, from what I have heard. Don't mark me on those words though. However if you are running a program that has a GM 3bar map config it won't run. Mine did the same thing, I Re-checked, double-checked, triple checked, threw wrenches and a light bulb popped on. "OH DAMN, the 3bar."

So get a 3 bar map sensor bud.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:53 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by I spy Psi, no?
S100 isn't really a great choice for boost, from what I have heard. Don't mark me on those words though.
You've been misled by someone.

So here is how Hondata works: The little board, S100 S200, etc., is a copyright key so that you can use a chip that has been made with the Hondata software. If you don't have the board, you can't use a Hondata chip. The microcontroller in the ECU (the "brain" of the ECU) has a serial port on it. The S100 board goes onto that serial port, and the Hondata chip tells the microcontroller to look for the S100, S200, etc., when it starts up. If it doesn't see it, it pukes and won't work. It's a pretty common scheme for computers, etc., to prevent software pirating. We use USB copyright keys for our Windows software where I work for the exact same reasons.

Anyway, the type of Hondata system you have doesn't have any bearing on how your engine runs under boost; it will run just as well or as badly as a tune with any other tuning program. The board is just copyright hardware, and doesn't have anything to do with the tuning or operation of the ECU at all.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:56 AM
Racetracks

Originally Posted by ffxcntyproblm
The basemap was for the drag kit with the upgraded tial wastegate and the 60 trim turbo upgrade from turbonetics on 19 psi on low impedence 525 cc inkectors with a resistor box on a 99 si. Also he had to have had a GM 3 bar map sensor to be runnign that boost.
You're running 600cc you just said, so you're going to have problems running rich. You have higher flow injectors than he did. You need to get tuned.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:03 AM
Registered Member

Yeah i dropped the ecu off at inlinepro to put the basemap in. I told him stock block/stock Map sensor B16A2, 600cc high impedence injectors and a 60 trim turbo.

They told me to come around 2ish so ill update this if the basemap was the problem. My other issue is about the injectors. Does anyone know the correct way to hook up the obd2 injector clips? i know the honda fuel injector harness only has 2 wires to the injector. I have the common (yellow/black) wire connected to the right wire on the clip. The common is connected the same for the other injectors. common wire on the right side.

i was just seeing if it was right or not.

Thanks again

Last edited by ffxcntyproblm; 08-13-2008 at 09:05 AM. Reason: .

Quick Reply: Turbo Si not idling