Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

turbo set up

Old 08-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
klownh8er is on a distinguished road
Default turbo set up

almost done w/ my turbo kit and was wondering if i could get some feedback on how my set up is looking. i'm a noob when it comes to turboing cars, but we got to start somewhere. this is going on a jdm b16, and i'm hoping to get 250-300fwhp.

garrett 57 trim 60/63 a/r
meutek mani
38mm wg, greddy style bov w/ flange
ic + piping
vac mani
gauges
stealthmode oil lines
catch can
arp headstuds
walbro 255lph hp
timer
gsr cams
ee-enhanced ebcv2

need the following, 550cc or 660cc injectors. tried ordering from tunertoys but had financial issues so will try to get ahold of injectors soon.
still need downpipe and exhuast, 3bar map sensor, maybe a cometic headgasket.

this was supposed to be a budget build w/ dsm injectors and used parts... but i guess i don't want to blow another engine up?

i've read and researched for months while building this kit.
however my brain keeps having wet farts and i'm confused about the ecu. should i just get my ecu chipped for crome, neptune, uberdata (where??) or just buy a chipped ecu from xenocron.com

My last and most important question is how much is this going to cost me to install and tune it? I've got roughly $700 for the rest of my parts and whatever left over for labor. I know inlinepro is a good shop but a little expensive for me so I'm looking for shops around chantilly, herndon, sterling, and centreville.

damn if you read this far kudos to you.

Thanks,
Vinny

Last edited by klownh8er; 08-18-2008 at 07:21 AM.