Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

turbo parts list

Old 07-22-2003, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RiceCakins is an unknown quantity at this point
Question turbo parts list

i need a good list of ALL the things you would need to complete a custom turbo build. i did some searches online, but i didn't come up with everything, so for you custum turbo builders, help me out please.
Old 07-22-2003, 07:38 PM
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

This of course depnds on the size of your wallet/and how much hp you want and how far you wanna go but id like to think this is the bare minium for a reliable street drivin turbo kit.

turbo Exhaust manifold
down pipe
injectors
oil pain drilled
oil feed/ return lines
fpr
all cooresponding gauges (boost, egt is a min)
intake ( if your car is maf equiped, get a short ram or something that somebody alread makes for your car and hack it so it fits the compressor with a coupling and mount the maf, if there is no maf sensor then youve got a honda your lucky)
intercooler with piping
and last but not least the turbo.
Old 07-22-2003, 07:44 PM
Hating...

oopsy, cant run injectors without appropriate fuel controller. so... i guess thats an option but not necessary.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:04 PM
Site Founder

sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung

what car/motor? honda? b-series?
Old 07-22-2003, 09:30 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

there are so many diff. ways to turbo a honda...that that makes the question just too broad.
Old 07-22-2003, 10:20 PM
//

theJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these parts

his car is a '94 teg, b18b
Old 07-22-2003, 10:34 PM
Hating...

tell him to be like every ricer and slap a drag kit on it and be on his merry way.

people who want to go custom usually dont ask what kinda parts they need in order to go custom.
Old 07-23-2003, 01:05 AM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

My suggestion:
-Minimum of a T3T04e trim turbo (my opinion..... anyway)
-Hondata 2b or AFC "hack"
-DSM 450cc injectors with resistor box
-Custom equal length turbo/exhaust manifold
-GReddy TypeS BOV or whatever it is that you like
-Boost, oil pressure, fuel pressure and EGT or A/F ratio gauges
-2.25 to 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipings from www.JCwhitney.com
-vacuum hoses, not that weak ass colorful silicone from APC
-Steel Braided oil supply line from Swagelock in Military Highway
-Steel Braided oil return line
-T fitting for oil supply line
-Threaded oil return line adapter for the oil pan
-Tial 35-40mm external wastegate
-Turbo timer
-FMIC (starion? or contact me, I know places to check)
-Dump tube
-Custom Downpipe
These are the basic stuff that I can think for now that you should have. There's really more to this than what I mentioned. You will need other materials like high temp sealant (permatex), locktite, teflon tape, synthetic oil, clamps, pipe connectors, anti-seize grease, pipe flanges, tools, etc. Have some money ready. Dont get too cheap with parts especially on the major items like the manifold and the turbo itself. Some manifolds will crack. Some turbos are not optimum for your B18. I've been involved with a few turbo projects. Hit me up for other questions. peace

Last edited by thermal; 07-23-2003 at 01:08 AM.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:35 AM
//

theJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these parts

Originally posted by FutureProspect
tell him to be like every ricer and slap a drag kit on it and be on his merry way.

people who want to go custom usually dont ask what kinda parts they need in order to go custom.
That doesn't make much sense, if he was to get a kit he wouldn't want to know the parts. He wants to go custom, which is why he is asking for a parts list, why would he be asking for a list if he just wanted to get a kit?
Old 07-23-2003, 12:20 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Originally posted by theJUMPoff
That doesn't make much sense, if he was to get a kit he wouldn't want to know the parts. He wants to go custom, which is why he is asking for a parts list, why would he be asking for a list if he just wanted to get a kit?
Because not knowing what is needed for a custom setup is a sure fire way of knowing that he doesn't really know what he is getting himself into.

I say go with a kit as well.

Quick Reply: turbo parts list