Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

turbo install

Old 05-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nwt_tunner96 has disabled reputation
Default turbo install

ok my boy has a 99 eclipse and he just got a hole turbo kit for it, but this is the thing we live out in the sticks and he cant find anyone to help him get it in because he has never dun a turbo setup before but he has all the rite tools any everything. so my ? is can anyone send my word for word directions on the best way to go about this because im new at this hole turbo thing to.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:12 PM
Banned

yboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: turbo install

its pretty simple.. start with the manifold bolt it on , put turbo on the mani, figure out what piping goes where , put that on, i mean its pretty simple on a civic
Old 05-08-2007, 02:47 PM
Turbo VTEC-E

black6gen can only hope to improve
Cool Re: turbo install

Pull off everything u aren't going to use anymore, header,inake,exhaust, maybe A/C.

Then bolt the turbo to the mani and put on the motor from the top or bottom wich ever is easier.Be sure the center is at a good position for oil flow.

Bolt the down pipe up and see where your clearance issues are for oil lines, the D.P. itself as far as A/C and P/S, and for your intercooler plumbing if you have one.

Run intercooler plumbing and position B.O.V. in desired position.

After oil pan is marked up take it off and drill a hole for the oil return and try to get it welded(JB weld works but it is not recomended). After that reinstall it and run your return line. Be sure it is clear of the down pipe and at a good flow angle.

Run your oil feed line to the turbo. I would recomend a sandwich plate adapter off of the oil filter.

Hook up all needed vacume lines,boost gauge,w.g.,B.O.V.,ect.....

Hook up your injectors, fuel pump and any other fuel controlling devices u might have.

At this point go ahead and prime your turbo. Pull your fuel pump fuse and crank your motor a couple of times with your oil return line disconected untill you see oil come out. Then hook the line back up.

At this point go ahead and start it. Dont drive or even rev it. Just let it run for a good while and check for leaks any where. I would sudjest letting it run up to normal running temp.

All of this is just off the top of my head and not in any paticular order. If anyone else see's anything i missed feel free to add.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Registered Member

nwt_tunner96 has disabled reputation
Default Re: turbo install

thanks this will help a lot.