Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

tranny problems...need suggestions!!!!!

Old 01-17-2004, 12:52 AM
McLovin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these parts
Question tranny problems...need suggestions!!!!!

when car is turned off... i can go through all the gears with no problem with clutch pedal down or up.
when car is running... i can't go into any gear at all.

the only way i can drive is if i start the car while its in gear. when the car is trying to turn over the car starts to move even when clutch pedal is on floor. i can't take it out of gear once the car is running. so yesterday i had to start the car while it was in second gear and take a 15 minuted ride home in second the whole way.

i have a clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, limited slip diff., and autotech flywheel. all three have about 5000 miles on them. i need suggestions on what i should do here cause i'm puzzled.

Old 01-17-2004, 03:52 AM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

lol sounds like your pressure plate isnt disengaging the clutch from what you said but since im not familiar with Vdubs i would try bleeding the clutch system first....
Old 01-17-2004, 04:19 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally posted by sk8rmike
lol sounds like your pressure plate isnt disengaging the clutch from what you said but since im not familiar with Vdubs i would try bleeding the clutch system first....
yes....bleed the system
Old 01-17-2004, 05:35 AM
Corrado Butcher

G60ING is an unknown quantity at this point

I gave you reply on the tex if that doen't work guess its time to take few hours to pull the tranny for inspection
Old 01-17-2004, 08:11 AM
Registered Member

nate95sir is an unknown quantity at this point

that happened to my civic the exact same thing you described and i just had to get a new clutch put in.
Old 01-17-2004, 10:13 AM
Blow Me

Stillpushin is an unknown quantity at this point

You should learn how shift without the clutch. I am not saying this to solve your problem but it definitly comes in handy.
Old 01-17-2004, 02:25 PM
LTDTEAM.COM

Rockybling can only hope to improve

Originally posted by CHAHONDA
yes....bleed the system
he already did. replaced the slaved cylinder, and bled the system.
Old 01-17-2004, 06:43 PM
McLovin

BLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these parts

sorry guys, been at work all day today. yes i've bled the system and changed the slave cylinder on friday. but it is still doing the same thing. i was gonna change the clutch master cylinder also but i wanted to see what other peoples opinions were before i went and changed it. has anybody actually had a defective clutch b4? i mean i think i went like 1000-1500 miles on the breakin perioud of my engine/tranny. and i may have launched it maybe 2-3 times. i'm just tryin to narrow things down b4 i do the major thing and remove the tranny. thanks for the ideas guys...keep them coming.

maybe i am just that lucky to get a defective clutch

oh and g60ing i replied to your post on the vortex...http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1196270

Last edited by BLACK JEFF; 01-17-2004 at 06:46 PM.