Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Tranny problems.....

Old 12-11-2006, 06:05 PM
TAINT PUNCHER!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby
Default Tranny problems.....

As title states i'm having a little trouble with the tranny. I stated before that the clutch cable needed to be adjusted will it is and needs to be replaced. But the question is that going from 1st to 2nd it is kind of iffy in weather or not it wants to go in to gear. The original owner states that it could possibly be the cable and someone else says it could be the Syncs. (hopefully you know what i'm talking about i was about to attempt to try and spell it) Well i wanted some of your opinions as well. I plan on replacing the cable anyway. If it is the Syncs. should i just have it rebuilt, purchase a remanufactured tranny, or buy a decent used one from a salvage yard(if such thing exists) and have the one in my car built.

Thanks in advanced for any helpful information.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:20 PM
Fighterer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Abysalone will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Tranny problems.....

Next time your out try shifting clutchless from N to second. Give it a rev and try putting it in gear as the RPM's go DOWN. If your synchros are working correctly it shouldn't be too hard to put it into gear without much, if any grinding. I had an old 66' chevy with a Muncie RockCrusher that had a clutch go out and this got me around a few weeks. If your syncs are screwed it will just grind (as the truck later on did)