Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

TPS problem please help...

Old 10-03-2008, 08:03 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
90lscrx is a name known to all90lscrx is a name known to all90lscrx is a name known to all90lscrx is a name known to all90lscrx is a name known to all90lscrx is a name known to all
Default TPS problem please help...

Alright... I have a 95 ls integra boosted. It' tuned on chrome by Matt Shue. For some reason i keep messing up every tps i put on my car. I don't have a CEL but i have changed ecu's, 450 injectors, different dizzy's, another wiring harness. Everything i can imagine.
The car idles fine. At quarter throttle it does fine all hte way through the rpm range but when i put the car under a load anything past 4000 rpm's breaks up and the car doesn't want to boost. I even put a stock ecu and injectors back in my car and it still did. It doesn't matter what i do i can't seem to fix it. I can't find out where the wires coming from the TPS go to... I was going to hard wire the tps in thinking it might be a bad wire in the actual car harness but i can't find any write ups about it. Anything will help my night mare.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: TPS problem please help...

How are you messing them up? Do they keep going bad? Are you just assuming that its a TPS problem because of how the engine is running? If you don't know absolutely that it is a TPS problem, there are other sensors that could cause the same behavior. Just going off of the fact that it runs strangely after quarter throttle doesn't mean that it's a TPS problem. You have to remember that the ECU is monitoring multiple sensors, and if it isn't getting correct values when it is trying to operate the engine based on those sensors, it will run strange. So if for example, at half throttle, it's getting a bad reading from a faulty MAP sensor, it won't be correlating the correct fuel and ignition parameters based on the incorrect MAP reading. Basically if the engine is having problems over a certain throttle range, that doesn't mean the throttle position sensor is bad, it just means that something is going wrong over that throttle range.
So you may have a MAP sensor, IAT, or O2 sensor problem instead.

The TPS wiring goes to the same place that the rest of the engine sensors go.. to the ECU.. what are you asking?

Are you actually doing any troubleshooting of the sensors, or are you just blindly replacing stuff based on your guesses?

Last edited by Fabrik8; 10-03-2008 at 09:42 PM.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:50 AM
Registered Member

1rude2l has disabled reputation

To add on to what Fabrik8 said, if it is tuned on chrome like you said, you can't just be swapping out injectors either. You need to keep the ones in there it was tuned for. If it was tuned with the 440's you need to keep that size injector in there, if not it will not run correctly.

Checked for boost leaks?
Old 10-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Registered Member

90lscrx is a name known to all90lscrx is a name known to all90lscrx is a name known to all90lscrx is a name known to all90lscrx is a name known to all90lscrx is a name known to all

I'm not dumb. I put a different set of 450's back into my car. I have contacted matt shue and he told me since it wasn't throwing any codes it was probably the dizzy messing up. The reason why i think it is something to do with the tps is because when i put a totally different throrrle body on my car it ran good for like three minutes. Then it just started getting worse. I have replaced tha iat, iacv, tps and the map sensor as well. When i put the stock ecu and injectors in the car it still messed up. I was wondering if any one knew the pinout for the three wires. I know D11 is the wire recieving the signal from the tps. I was just going to hard wire the tps and bypass the harness all together. All the parts that i've tried on my car was from my friends running cars. So all the things i was replacing were good... Oh and since i am tuned the o2 sensor was basically removed.Thanks for the replies.