Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

tires for performance and good in snow

Old 10-27-2008, 12:43 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kronikSLOW has disabled reputation
Default tires for performance and good in snow

ive been looking around at discount tire and i need new tires on my teg. i was reading reviews on the falken 912s and everyone says they suck in the snow. does anyone here run them in the winter time. also do they make the 512s anymore. im looking to spend around 300-350 for a full set anyone reccomend anything, i also enjoy driving at high rates of speed in the country back roads.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Slowest HRC Member

BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tires for performance and good in snow

Originally Posted by kronikSLOW
ive been looking around at discount tire and i need new tires on my teg. i was reading reviews on the falken 912s and everyone says they suck in the snow. does anyone here run them in the winter time. also do they make the 512s anymore. im looking to spend around 300-350 for a full set anyone reccomend anything, i also enjoy driving at high rates of speed in the country back roads.
Don't know how they'll do on snow - (Not sure why anyone would be testing that out)
But I've seen good results with a General Exclaim UHP.
205/50/15's are like $63 each from Tire Rack.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:14 PM
Registered Member

kronikSLOW has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by HondaRules!
Don't know how they'll do on snow - (Not sure why anyone would be testing that out)
But I've seen good results with a General Exclaim UHP.
205/50/15's are like $63 each from Tire Rack.
how long do they last? i dont wanna buy tires 3 times a year. actually i want to buy tires like every 2 years i dont put many miles on my baby.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Slowest HRC Member

BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kronikSLOW
how long do they last? i dont wanna buy tires 3 times a year. actually i want to buy tires like every 2 years i dont put many miles on my baby.
Treadwear rating is 380, or about 36-40K with normal use.