Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Tell me everything I need to know about ITBs.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:04 AM
my name is andy.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks
Default Re: Tell me everything I need to know about ITBs.

So then what are the pos/neg of running injected vs carbs? It would all be itbs correct?

I mean the price of those weber carbs is a hair cheaper than bolt on kit 16v itb setups. Not including tuning.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:40 PM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Tell me everything I need to know about ITBs.

Originally Posted by Fiziks
So then what are the pos/neg of running injected vs carbs? It would all be itbs correct?

I mean the price of those weber carbs is a hair cheaper than bolt on kit 16v itb setups. Not including tuning.
You can usually have a better refined torque curve (and therefore HP) with fuel injection, and the ability to do more tricks with ignition timing. You could also use an ignition-only ECU with carbs, but at that point you're most of the way toward a full injection system so you might as well go all the way. You also have a lot of compensation for temperature, pressure, etc. Fuel injection is about a lot more than just emissions you know...