Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Tein S Tech TSX springs on TL?

Old 12-26-2014, 11:00 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondanc7 has disabled reputation
Default Tein S Tech TSX springs on TL?

So I meant to order Tein S-Tech springs for my 2005 Acura TL but somehow must have hit the wrong thing ordering and ended up with S-Techs for a TSX. I have read that TSX springs will fit on a TL and vice versus. Anyways my only concern was the difference in spring rates since the TSX is slightly lighter being its a 4cyl vs a 6cyl. I looked up the difference in the spring rates from Tein for both TSX and TL and surprisingly the TSX actually had a higher spring rate up front than the TL.

TSX is 6.2F/2.7R
TL is 5.5F/3.5R

As far as weight distribution both cars are about the same and it's looking like the TL only weighs about 200lbs more than the TSX. So i'm just wondering if I could install the TSX springs without much difference. My only concern was the front spring rates, but hell the TSX has stiffer front springs anyways. Any thoughts? I could just return and get TL springs but I was really hoping to get these on the car this weekend.
Old 12-26-2014, 02:02 PM
141.12 kHz

Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon
Default Re: Tein S Tech TSX springs on TL?

I would just return them and get the proper part. No point in using a part you're not 100% on.
Old 12-27-2014, 04:17 PM
Euro R

justjdm justjdm justjdm justjdm justjdm justjdm justjdm justjdm justjdm justjdm justjdm
Default Re: Tein S Tech TSX springs on TL?

Yes the TSX springs will work, just the spring rate is different. Won't be an issue though.