Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

WRX S to mileage

Old 12-29-2014, 02:58 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wagon43 is infamous around these partswagon43 is infamous around these partswagon43 is infamous around these partswagon43 is infamous around these partswagon43 is infamous around these partswagon43 is infamous around these partswagon43 is infamous around these partswagon43 is infamous around these partswagon43 is infamous around these partswagon43 is infamous around these partswagon43 is infamous around these parts
Default WRX S to mileage

I am looking to buy a used Sti and was wondering how many miles I can get before I need to rebuild the engine. Also are there any other problem areas I need to be aware of?
Old 12-29-2014, 05:41 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: WRX S to mileage

Are you serious?
Old 12-29-2014, 06:34 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by wagon43
I am looking to buy a used Sti and was wondering how many miles I can get before I need to rebuild the engine.
This is a great example of a "how long is a piece of string" question. There are far too many factors to predict when you will need a rebuild. Does something random happen, is it modified or have a non-OEM ECU tune, does the car have mostly highway miles, is it babied or beaten on, when is the oil changed, what is the maintenance and repair history, what year is the car, etc..
If you knew the answer to all of those questions for a used car, you still probably wouldn't be able to know when you would need a rebuild.

The answer is: You need a rebuild when something goes wrong and needs a rebuild. If you do it before then, you're just doing it because you're being conservative and you think it needs it.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:44 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

For the record this guy has been shitposting all over the place. A vacation or rollback to zero would do him nicely.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:32 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Or a permanent vacation...
Old 12-30-2014, 10:27 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by Trunk Impaired
A vacation or rollback to zero would do him nicely.
Pay more attention.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:11 AM
Anal hammer

JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal

Originally Posted by Trunk Impaired
For the record this guy has been shitposting all over the place. A vacation or rollback to zero would do him nicely.
Gave him a medal, close enough.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:41 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Pay more attention.
You sexy bitch.
Old 12-30-2014, 02:50 PM
Registered Member

wagon43 is infamous around these partswagon43 is infamous around these partswagon43 is infamous around these partswagon43 is infamous around these partswagon43 is infamous around these partswagon43 is infamous around these partswagon43 is infamous around these partswagon43 is infamous around these partswagon43 is infamous around these partswagon43 is infamous around these partswagon43 is infamous around these parts

Thanks for the help jerks.
Old 12-30-2014, 03:22 PM
Unregistered Member

Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis.

I think at 101,382 miles is when it needs a rebuild. I figure I'll give you the real answer instead of these fucktards being dicks.

Quick Reply: WRX S to mileage