Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Still having problems with my civic.

Old 07-20-2006, 07:13 PM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough
Default Still having problems with my civic.

ok heres some cliff notes :

1. its a 90 civic DX
2. its still DPFI (dual point fuel injection)
3. Right now its throwing a code 16 for faulty injectors or connection

Ok, i changed out the battery with another one that had a good charge on it..and once again,the car will start up and drive fine. But after about 10-12 minutes of driving..as soon as the car is taken out of gear,or you let off the gas enough,the car will automatically die. Now im not sure if the faulty injectors/connection is causing this,but also..if you try to give the car more than a 1/4 throttle,it feels like its starving for air/fuel. It has NO pickup what so ever. I know its a honda,but ive riden in another persons car with the same Motor/DPFI shit,and his car will run circles around mine. But tonight,i turned my radio on for like 2 minutes..no sound system,just the radio and two speakers. I go to turn the car on..and the battery is completely dead.

Could the Alternator be the reason why it cuts off after taking it out of gear by ANY chance?? someone please help,cus this is my daily driver,and i need to know what i need to fix,instead of buying a shitload of parts,and not being able to figure out whats wrong.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:18 PM
±RepLegion

92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20
Default Re: Still having problems with my civic.

Originally Posted by BoostLag
ok heres some cliff notes :

1. its a 90 civic DX
2. its still DPFI (dual point fuel injection)
3. Right now its throwing a code 16 for faulty injectors or connection

Ok, i changed out the battery with another one that had a good charge on it..and once again,the car will start up and drive fine. But after about 10-12 minutes of driving..as soon as the car is taken out of gear,or you let off the gas enough,the car will automatically die. Now im not sure if the faulty injectors/connection is causing this,but also..if you try to give the car more than a 1/4 throttle,it feels like its starving for air/fuel. It has NO pickup what so ever. I know its a honda,but ive riden in another persons car with the same Motor/DPFI shit,and his car will run circles around mine. But tonight,i turned my radio on for like 2 minutes..no sound system,just the radio and two speakers. I go to turn the car on..and the battery is completely dead.

Could the Alternator be the reason why it cuts off after taking it out of gear by ANY chance?? someone please help,cus this is my daily driver,and i need to know what i need to fix,instead of buying a shitload of parts,and not being able to figure out whats wrong.
Same exact thing happened in my Mustang, found out the alternator was fried. Pull it and take it to Auto Zone to get the free test. I actually broke down on Independence Blvd. on my way to work @ 5:30am...yeah, it sucked
Old 07-21-2006, 06:43 AM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough

yea im thinking its my alternator....bump
Old 07-21-2006, 10:18 AM
Banned

crazyb is an unknown quantity at this point

its your alternator definatly no charge or weak charge causing ur motor not to run well and also not start!
Old 07-21-2006, 10:32 AM
www.CM-R.net

CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing

If its your alternator then you will notice your lights being dim/dimming. Can you hold the gas down a little to keep the car on at red lights?
Old 07-21-2006, 10:16 PM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Originally Posted by driveahonda
If its your alternator then you will notice your lights being dim/dimming. Can you hold the gas down a little to keep the car on at red lights?
yea,you can do that. but today my friend checked it for me (not with a volt meter). He said if you can pull the terminals off the battery,and the car cuts off,then its the alternator..but it didnt cut off. Im so fuckin confused,cus everyone is telling me its different stuff. And it seems like its something so simple,but the LAST thing i wanna do,is spend hundreds of dollars on parts i dont need.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:46 PM
Banned

EG92Turbo is an unknown quantity at this point

up
Old 07-25-2006, 08:18 PM
I <3 Hikki Chan!

ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE

limp it to an advanced auto and have them load test ur alternator. if its good, start looking elsewhere. the battery's ur using, are they used? new? if it was a dead battery that was re-charged more than likely its got a few dead cells, and even the slightest voltage drain will kill a battery like that QUICK, i would try using a brand new battery, if it drives good for 10-12 minutes and then its kapoot more than likely that some bitch has a busted alternator, u figure that 10-12 minutes is all a fully charged battery w/ a few dead cells can muster.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:23 PM
Boosted F2B

99EJ6T is an unknown quantity at this point

Last edited by 99EJ6T; 08-23-2006 at 03:08 PM.