Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

stiff clutch

Old 02-04-2005, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kingkoopa15 has disabled reputation
Default stiff clutch

i just got a 91 civic hatch DX about a week ago.. the guy i bought it from, which was a guy i went to highschool with, put a stage 3 racing clutch in it.. im not sure what brand.. but the clutch is stiff as shit.. my left leg has gotten a hell of a workout in the last week.. now take into consideration that this is the first car ive owned with a manual tranny.. every manual car that i have driven had a clutch that was very easy to push to the floor.. the one in my civic is real hard to push.. to me its alot more difficult to get moving from a stop with the cluch thats in it now.. i want a clutch that will be similar to a stock clutch.. meaning i want it to be easier to push the pedal..what do you reccomend?

go easy on me.. im a newbie
Old 02-04-2005, 09:37 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike
Default Re: stiff clutch

it's a DX, buy an OEM clutch replacement kit from ebay. they run about 110 or so shipped and sell the upgraded clutch in the car now.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:40 PM
Big Dick Playa

King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling

something with not so hard of a pressure plate and not so aggresive of a disk.

go with an oem. or learn to drive it with the clutch.

i had mike put a 6puck and 10lb flywheel in mine and the pedal had minimal diff in feeling.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by sk8rmike
it's a DX, buy an OEM clutch replacement kit from ebay. they run about 110 or so shipped and sell the upgraded clutch in the car now.

the only OEM clutch kits i found on ebay were for 92-95 civics and del sols.. and a few for 88-89 civics and crx's.. would any of those fit my car? would any integra clutch fit it? im new to all this
Old 02-04-2005, 10:04 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

Originally Posted by kingkoopa15
the only OEM clutch kits i found on ebay were for 92-95 civics and del sols.. and a few for 88-89 civics and crx's.. would any of those fit my car? would any integra clutch fit it? im new to all this
you need a clutch kit for a cable style transmission. 89-91. you cannot use the 92-00 clutch kits. the 88-89 civic/crx clutch kits you saw will indeed fit. a teg clutch will not. you need to buy a clutch kit for a single overhead cam motor.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by sk8rmike
you need a clutch kit for a cable style transmission. 89-91. you cannot use the 92-00 clutch kits. the 88-89 civic/crx clutch kits you saw will indeed fit. a teg clutch will not. you need to buy a clutch kit for a single overhead cam motor.
thanks man
Old 02-05-2005, 09:08 AM
cibic weetec

GIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond repute

yea, buy a clutch that says it will fit your car. if you want an aftermarket clutch that feels like stock, get a centerforce fuel friction. it grabs a lot better too.
if you have a relatively stock car then get an oem one.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by GIMMEAN"H"
yea, buy a clutch that says it will fit your car. if you want an aftermarket clutch that feels like stock, get a centerforce fuel friction. it grabs a lot better too.

all i got on it is a greddy cat back, and AEM cold air intake.. so i'd say its pretty stock.. so i suppose ill go ahead and order the OEM clutch off ebay.. anyone interested in buying my stage 3 racing clutch? haha
Old 02-05-2005, 10:40 AM
Bitches get Stitches

Originally Posted by GIMMEAN"H"
DO NOT buy a dual friction clutch. those are fucking pieces of shit.