Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

300ZX TT Problem

Old 02-04-2005, 06:52 PM
Iridium V

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute
Default 300ZX TT Problem

Just last week I rented an engine hoist in order to change my oil pan gasket and rear main seal. After removing the oil filter bracket and hoses I proceded to support the engine with the hoist, and then i disconnected the lower control arms, tension rods, tie rod ends and steering joint. After which I removed the front crossmember. After changing the pan gasket I have found that the oil dipstick will NOT remove. Has anyone ever had this problem? I found no mention of this in the factory service manual nor did I have any resistance from the dipstick as I was installing the pan. thank you for your help.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:59 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: 300ZX TT Problem

you crimped it when reinstalling the pan. there is a baffle that the dipstick goes through, and if you didnt remove the dipstick when doing the install, you have to pull the pan again and remove it.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:03 PM
Iridium V

MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute

I just read this as well, fun fun, this is not an easy job. I read that Nissan failed to mention this in the factory service manual but there was a later TSB on it. Fuckers. Anywho, thank you for your info.
Old 02-05-2005, 08:20 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

no prollem....however...it is kinda a normal thing to do when servicing it.....hindsight is 20/20 i reckon