Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

SRT-4 guys, help. AGP wastegate actuator.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:39 PM
ladies love my foam.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam
Default SRT-4 guys, help. AGP wastegate actuator.

car is 2004 srt-4. stage 0.

has a short ram intake
jmb upper pressure pipe w/ greddy type RS bov
jmb block off plate.

just installed my AGP wastegate actuator and turned the adjuster nut (towards the motor) almost all the way loose (just enough so the actuator arm is not about to come out of the hole)

and 1st gear im boosting 14-15lbs
2nd is 18lbs
and 3rd is 20+lbs.... i dont know exactly because i back off the throttle when it hits 20 because i fear of blowing the motor.

stock vacuum line setup.

whats going on? i do not want to blow my car up and i'd like to be boosting 16-18psi through all gears.

ive searched on the site and couldnt find anything....

what do i need to do?
Old 12-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Indeed

BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX
Default Re: SRT-4 guys, help. AGP wastegate actuator.

Originally Posted by projekt
car is 2004 srt-4. stage 0.

has a short ram intake
jmb upper pressure pipe w/ greddy type RS bov
jmb block off plate.

just installed my AGP wastegate actuator and turned the adjuster nut (towards the motor) almost all the way loose (just enough so the actuator arm is not about to come out of the hole)

and 1st gear im boosting 14-15lbs
2nd is 18lbs
and 3rd is 20+lbs.... i dont know exactly because i back off the throttle when it hits 20 because i fear of blowing the motor.

stock vacuum line setup.

whats going on? i do not want to blow my car up and i'd like to be boosting 16-18psi through all gears.

ive searched on the site and couldnt find anything....

what do i need to do?
When I had my SRT I had stage one, injen intake, and an adjustable wastegate. I had it on the dyno and at 17psi in 4th gear the A/F ratio went really lean (almost 15/1) over 5k rpms due to the stiffer wastegate not allowing it to bleed off boost the way the stock one does. I know several people are going to jump all over this because they are running higher boost than this without a problem but I wasn't comfortable with it being that lean. I would suggest getting bigger injectors and a VAFC or something of the sort to adjust the fuel. Pay for some dyno pulls w/ A/F readout and tune it to a safe level. Of course you can do whatever you want, but I just don't like guessing when it comes to something like this.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:27 PM
ladies love my foam.

Originally Posted by BlackEX
When I had my SRT I had stage one, injen intake, and an adjustable wastegate. I had it on the dyno and at 17psi in 4th gear the A/F ratio went really lean (almost 15/1) over 5k rpms due to the stiffer wastegate not allowing it to bleed off boost the way the stock one does. I know several people are going to jump all over this because they are running higher boost than this without a problem but I wasn't comfortable with it being that lean. I would suggest getting bigger injectors and a VAFC or something of the sort to adjust the fuel. Pay for some dyno pulls w/ A/F readout and tune it to a safe level. Of course you can do whatever you want, but I just don't like guessing when it comes to something like this.
that makes alot of sense, and yea im planning on putting some larger injectors on it + wideband + an SAFC + manual boost controller on it then getting a small tune.

because i have the upped boost so i want to get on the car, but im scared because i dont want to blow the motor at 30,0000 lbs of boost because of a wga failure.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:37 PM
Indeed

BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX

When I first put mine on I had it adjusted wrong and pegged the boost gauge. I know the stock turbo will not make 30+ lbs of boost but that's what it was reading. As far as I know it didn't damage anything because it never gave me any problems after I adjusted it correctly. But I still wouldn't chance it and just wait until you get everything you need to do it right.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Indeed

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure that the stock TD04 cannot produce enough pressure to blow the motor, the lean condition however can do some serious damage and eventually blow it.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:30 AM
ladies love my foam.

When I first put mine on I had it adjusted wrong and pegged the boost gauge. I know the stock turbo will not make 30+ lbs of boost but that's what it was reading. As far as I know it didn't damage anything because it never gave me any problems after I adjusted it correctly. But I still wouldn't chance it and just wait until you get everything you need to do it right.
the stock boost gauge is a 30 / 20 boost gauge, so if you pegged the gauge you were hitting 20+ lbs. but i tried adjusting mine all the way to the lowest setting and its still hitting that.

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure that the stock TD04 cannot produce enough pressure to blow the motor, the lean condition however can do some serious damage and eventually blow it.
either way... im warey of getting on it now.. haha
Old 12-13-2007, 05:35 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

boost leak withing your vacuum setup. hit me up some time caleb so i can hook u up with a boost leak test. and i'll rework your vacuum setup so your not getting Part Throttle boost. Im off pcm controlled boost. Thats what you want plus its better on gas that way too.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:37 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Im stock with only a AGP wastegate and no vacuum lines to the solenoids. I hit 17lbs and hold 15 to redline.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:42 AM
ladies love my foam.

Originally Posted by Miguelangelo
boost leak withing your vacuum setup. hit me up some time caleb so i can hook u up with a boost leak test. and i'll rework your vacuum setup so your not getting Part Throttle boost. Im off pcm controlled boost. Thats what you want plus its better on gas that way too.
sounds cool to me.

you free this saturday?

Originally Posted by Miguelangelo
Im stock with only a AGP wastegate and no vacuum lines to the solenoids. I hit 17lbs and hold 15 to redline.
me to my car suckZ. haha
Old 12-13-2007, 05:51 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

actually ima be busy this weekend. moving to a new place and my fiance is Graduating from ODU. But i have a friend of mine who has a stage 2 srt in chesapeake off kempsville right by the va bch cesapeake border who does the boost leak test for me. hes my go to guy for little things, help n stuff. I'll PM you his number. he'll most likely be free this saturday. hes always willing to help.

Quick Reply: SRT-4 guys, help. AGP wastegate actuator.