Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

sr20det wiring issues

Old 03-16-2007, 08:25 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WillRace4Food is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sr20det wiring issues

I know theres an sr expert somewheres on this site. I recently dropped an sr into my 240 and did most the work myself with some help from my roomate and a friend of mine who's a very reputable mechanic but is also very busy. We finally got the swap done and I plugged up the wiring harness which I modified myself. When we first went to crank the car we had spark and fuel but the timing was off. When we adjusted the timing we ended up loosing spark. Now when you try and crank it some of the ground wires start to smoke which leads me to believe a live wire is being grounded somewhere but I have no clue where. Everything works (lights, signals etc etc) but when you go to crank is when the wires start to smoke. After I figured where the smoke was coming from I stopped messing with it because I didn't wanna melt the wires. The car does crank and it still gets fuel but no spark and now some ground wires smoke. I just wanna get this damn thing started so i guess I'm just lookin for someone to either give me a brillant suggestion or find somebody that has experience and thinks they can get this thing running (the motor checks out good btw). Thnx