Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

springs or coilovers?

Old 11-25-2003, 03:40 PM
RR Productions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VASlim23435 has disabled reputation
Question springs or coilovers?

what's a better application....lowering springs or coilovers for sport compacts?? what's the difference between the two?? any technical replies are much appreciated
Old 11-25-2003, 03:43 PM
got poi?

tropic is an unknown quantity at this point

truthfully i'd go with the full set up....thats if you willin to pay like $1000 plus....but if you wanna know....springs would be better....better ride......coilovers.....terrible ride.....also the possibility of not settin the height right.....well thats my .02.....any other takers here?
Old 11-25-2003, 03:45 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthr...threadid=32296
Old 11-25-2003, 04:08 PM
RR Productions

VASlim23435 has disabled reputation

what about "ground control" coilovers??
Old 11-25-2003, 04:28 PM
squeegee my fiji

†Specter† †Specter† †Specter†

SPRINGS!!!!!!!!!!

omg i have had nitemare experiences with coilovers! (my friends 200sx) my springs took 5.5hrs and that waht with a dinner break. springs are a lot easier. just make sure u have directions!!!, coil compressor, and atleast 1-2 friends with u know what they are doing as well.
if u need help lemme know.

-carson
Old 11-25-2003, 05:02 PM
got poi?

go with springs man.......ive had experience with springs on my 97 LS.....ive ran stock struts for like 3 years....had no probs with it....of course i bought the integra in 99......had it till 01 then traded it for the accord...(still to this day kickin myself in the ass)...buti'd go with springs man....or like i said if you got the money...go with the full set up
Old 11-25-2003, 05:24 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

it all depends on the quality you get. if you want to be able to adjust your ride height relatively easily, go with coilovers. with springs you have a set ride height.

are you lowering for looks or handling? a lot of good info is in that other thread. ground control and skunk2 are about the same. what vehicle is this for? I vote coilovers, and I've had experience with springs AND coilovers. I don't get why tropic said coilovers have a terrible ride. as long as you get struts as well you'll be fine (you might be fine with stock struts for a while). It won't be stock ride but you'll be fine.
Old 11-25-2003, 05:46 PM
got poi?

Default ...

ha,ha,ha......i forgot to put IT WILL GIVE YOU A TERRIBLE RIDE SOON AS THE STRUTS GIVE OUT ON YOU.......ALSO I SAID THAT IT WOULD BE BETTER OFF GETTING A FULL SETUP....RATHER THAN BUYING EVERYTHING PIECE BY PIECE....numnut.....because i dont know anything about coilovers.....that is why i also said "ANY OTHER TAKERS HERE"......the only thing that i know about coilovers is from past experience.....my friends had them in there civics and integras and they rode like shit after there struts went out on them....

Last edited by tropic; 11-25-2003 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-25-2003, 05:53 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

numnut? that's weak. so springs with busted shocks won't give you a terrible ride? please tell me what full setup you have in your car. or even partial setup. I'm interested.

*edit per your edit* - well duh worn out shocks will give you a bad ride, even if you have stock springs.

Last edited by Carter; 11-25-2003 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-25-2003, 05:56 PM
Registered Member

jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R

hey i have GROUND CONTROL coilovers on my 2000 integra GSR, and i LoVE THEM!!! coilovers aren't as good ride quality as springs, BUT ground controls are the eibach springs that are adjustable and so they are pretty good. i would recommend ground controls to anyone.

Quick Reply: springs or coilovers?