Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Spring Help?

Old 01-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gompers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spring Help?

Alright, I managed to get a great deal on some Tenzo springs for my accord.
I got the front two on, but in the process hurt my inner cv joint, and had to get it replaced (a few hrs later and 70 bux it was done)

I had work later that day so I put off putting the rear tenzo springs on it.
Well, this weekend is the weekend to do it (but my damned brushings on my rear need replacing as well as my rear struts, so I got them coming)

But my real question is this:

Will The front of my car raise a little bit when I get my rear lowered?

My front is a little low for my tastes. I wasn't really sure on the drop, and was told by the guy it was 2'' all around, or maybe 2.5'' ... but, it was for 90 - 97 accords so I figured they had been tested and worked well. (even though in the back of my head I thought 2.5'' was a bit too low)

I have minor scrapes on my downpipe from speed bumps n crap, even though I take em at like 5mph.

So I'm hoping when I finish the lowering of my car by dropping the back, that my front will raise just a little. I'de imagine the angle will work a bit better in my favor, but I'm hoping for a raise!

Please lemme know, and when its all done I'll get pics to see if anyone else agrees.

(knew i shoulda went with s-tech lol)
Old 01-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Huntin Dropa ForLife

RPRacing has disabled reputation
Default Re: Spring Help?

Originally Posted by Gompers
Alright, I managed to get a great deal on some Tenzo springs for my accord.
I got the front two on, but in the process hurt my inner cv joint, and had to get it replaced (a few hrs later and 70 bux it was done)

I had work later that day so I put off putting the rear tenzo springs on it.
Well, this weekend is the weekend to do it (but my damned brushings on my rear need replacing as well as my rear struts, so I got them coming)

But my real question is this:

Will The front of my car raise a little bit when I get my rear lowered?

My front is a little low for my tastes. I wasn't really sure on the drop, and was told by the guy it was 2'' all around, or maybe 2.5'' ... but, it was for 90 - 97 accords so I figured they had been tested and worked well. (even though in the back of my head I thought 2.5'' was a bit too low)

I have minor scrapes on my downpipe from speed bumps n crap, even though I take em at like 5mph.

So I'm hoping when I finish the lowering of my car by dropping the back, that my front will raise just a little. I'de imagine the angle will work a bit better in my favor, but I'm hoping for a raise!

Please lemme know, and when its all done I'll get pics to see if anyone else agrees.

(knew i shoulda went with s-tech lol)
yes it will raise a litttle.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Banned

Gompers is an unknown quantity at this point

Really?
I had mixed replies, one from a friend who lowered his car (although he did the rears 1st, saying it would end up raising) and one from a mechanic (good friend, thought it might actually end up lowering it more, or staying the same, although he agreed on my rational)

Logically, I would think lowering the back would even it out and give the front a bit more lift, now that the weight would be shared throughout all of the springs.

But thanks

Any more replies would still be kewl
Old 01-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Huntin Dropa ForLife

RPRacing has disabled reputation

it wont raise it an inch or whatnot, but a couple mm is most likely going to be your gain