Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Some Honda Questions

Old 03-04-2007, 10:18 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher
Default Some Honda Questions

Im not a honda guy, but a friend of mine is. He wants to know how much boost a stock single cam can hold saftely (and even agressivly so he can bump it up some times.)

Also what is the stock psi that this kit will produce without a boost controller

http://performancecenter.com/product...998/Civic/1.6L

thanx, all *productive* posts are appreciated

P.S. Its a 98 coupe D16Y8 with 85,000 miles

Last edited by Muncher; 03-04-2007 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:20 AM
Turbo VTEC-E

black6gen can only hope to improve
Cool Re: Some Honda Questions

Most single cams are good for 10psi stock. And as far as the kit is concerned it comes with 310cc injectors wich isn't verry big so i would say its good for about 5-6psi with thoes injectors. But give this tread a while, some of the SOHC masters should be hitting it up soon.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher
Default Re: Some Honda Questions

Originally Posted by black6gen
Most single cams are good for 10psi stock. And as far as the kit is concerned it comes with 310cc injectors wich isn't verry big so i would say its good for about 5-6psi with thoes injectors. But give this tread a while, some of the SOHC masters should be hitting it up soon.
awsome, thanx
Old 03-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Registered Member

Anyone else?
Old 03-04-2007, 03:36 PM
ooooooooooowwweeeeee

Don_is_Rad has disabled reputation

D16Y8 don't boost well, Drop a D16Z6 in
Old 03-04-2007, 03:40 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Donnyspeed
D16Y8 don't boost well, Drop a D16Z6 in
not what i asked...keep tryin tho, youll learn english eventually.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:09 PM
ooooooooooowwweeeeee

Don_is_Rad has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by siclike7
not what i asked...keep tryin tho, youll learn english eventually.
Just some advice you might want to pass on to your friend, I heard they don't hold up well under boost!
Also don't be too quick too start shit for no apparent reason. If you throw a fit every time someone makes a post you don't like then you won't make friends on this forum. I gave you advice and I kept to the subject.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:08 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Donnyspeed
Just some advice you might want to pass on to your friend, I heard they don't hold up well under boost!
Also don't be too quick too start shit for no apparent reason. If you throw a fit every time someone makes a post you don't like then you won't make friends on this forum. I gave you advice and I kept to the subject.
Lol, you make me laugh. Were not asking if they hold up under boost, or how long they will hold, we want to know the most they can hold aggresively and non-aggresively is. If i wanted to know if a Y8 could hold boost "very well" i wouldve asked. thanks for the *non* productive answer to my question.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:21 PM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

y8 is a high compression single cam. anyway, are you going to get it chipped and tuned? if so you can run 10-12 daily and 14-16 aggressively but thats pushing it. your going to have to put some good time in on the dyno to get tuned at above 12. i would stick around 10 untill you can afford to put money into internals. at that point you can up the boost and do it safely.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by JDM-EJ2
y8 is a high compression single cam. anyway, are you going to get it chipped and tuned? if so you can run 10-12 daily and 14-16 aggressively but thats pushing it. your going to have to put some good time in on the dyno to get tuned at above 12. i would stick around 10 untill you can afford to put money into internals. at that point you can up the boost and do it safely.
Yeah, if he decides to keep the single cam and turbo it, he'll be doing internal work

Quick Reply: Some Honda Questions