Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

sohc vtec

Old 12-02-2002, 05:41 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough
Default sohc vtec

d16y8 is the 96-00 ex sohc vtec motor correct? is it worth the hassle to swap this into an 88 crx si? and how hard would it be?
Old 12-02-2002, 07:26 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

it's a very easy swap!!about a 20hp increase. i have done a few!
Old 12-02-2002, 11:02 PM
Old School Beast

PoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these parts

just swap the y8 head , and get some new pistons , rings , and bearings . use your stock block .... easy swap , very easy... pm me if you want more info .... its cheap too.
Old 12-03-2002, 09:35 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

if i swap it ill probably swap the whole motor, just to get rid of all the miles on mine.
Old 12-03-2002, 09:54 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

GOOD IDEA!

the swap should take less than a day.
let me know if you need any help
Old 12-03-2002, 11:03 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

gotta find the motor first :P anyone know where to pick up a CHEAP y8 motor? probably be mid-late january before i do it anyways, because of christmas, just trying to get ideas/offers to help.
Old 12-03-2002, 11:04 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

btw a new tranny to go with the new motor would be nice too. the stock 88 tranny is kinda worn out
Old 12-03-2002, 11:09 AM
corona connessuer

is your car an si???
Old 12-03-2002, 11:27 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

yes its an si. 88 honda crx si. you got aim?