Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

smokin help

Old 03-30-2005, 11:34 AM
Blang Blang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com
Default smokin help

alright so last nite me and some friends were driving around.no particularly hard driving or anything and i was smelling something burning.at first i thout it was something outside but then it didnt go away.i didnt really think anything of it bc my temp guage wasnt high or anything.when we stopped i popped the hood and could see the smoke coming out.it was a burning rubber smell coming from the intake manifold side of the engine but it was dark and i couldnt see anything.then this morning i started it in front of my house.let it warm up,drove it around the block,came back and it was doing it again.all my fluids are good and none r getting too hot.i looked down the side of the engine and couldnt see anything.the car doesnt run any different and im baffled.any thoughts?
Old 03-30-2005, 01:20 PM
Registered Member

88CRXHFBSTNG has disabled reputation
Default Re: smokin help

my quess: you have an oil leak somewhere and the oil is getting on exhaust or other hot part of engine and burning off. Just had this problem with my car. I had multiple leaks. some were visible others were not. I replaced valve cover gasket seal, spark plug seals, end cam seal. also my oil pan gasket was leaking and oil was getting on top of the header and burning off. couldnt see it until I jacked up car and got under though.

See if you can find out what is leaking, if any thing, go from there.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:35 PM
Blang Blang

sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com

naw thought the same thing,no go its a rubber smell but there is no hose or anything touching and its not on the exhaust manifold side ithe smoke is coming from somewhere on the intake side
Old 03-30-2005, 02:46 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Gotta keep looking then. We can't see the smoke.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:49 PM
Blang Blang

true i just know there r some brilliant people on here(suprisingly) when i comes to cars.its alright ill probly take it to the hobby shop tom and get it in the air its gotta be comin from somewhere near the bottom that i cant see
Old 03-30-2005, 02:51 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

It has to be a hose or something resting on the exhaust or head or somewhere hot...not much else it could be really.