Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

SMOKE?

Old 02-10-2005, 12:23 PM
the"V8nightmare"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blkmjk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SMOKE?

ok i have a 90 tsi and i blew the turbo afterwards i plugged the oil line and it still smokes ? but only dose so when i down shift slowly and let the engine slow me down instead of the breaks? i was wondering if oil could be traveling up the return ? or if i am still burning the oil in the oil supply line. side note car runs fine has same amount of oil only smokes on down sft slow and really high revs? that is all? if anyone has experinced this themselves please help me? im wondering if the engine is gonna go or if its just thew turbo i want to find out soon before i buy my new turbo. cough* 20g*cough?
Old 02-10-2005, 01:12 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo
Default Re: SMOKE?

sounds like the valve seals to me. And you capped off the oil line? so hows oil getting to the turbo?
Old 02-11-2005, 01:05 PM
the"V8nightmare"

blkmjk is an unknown quantity at this point

its not ...turbo is blown anyway and was smoking its ass off so i blocked it off.most of the smoking stoped but there is a little left so i was wondering if any body else had ev er experienced anything like this?if so what they found to be the problem?dsm heads are suspect but the engine seems to be great condition it only has 121XXX on the original motor but seals are easy to change i will probly do that and see whats up.???
Old 02-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

Post Whore has disabled reputation

cough*20g*cough...get a real turbo my friend..you sound like that nigga Dudly you hang wit